Inconsiderate neighbours. Arghhhhhh!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live on a main road, at this time of the year crossing can take some time due to heavy tourist traffic, so what happens? A lady moves in next door with three cats a couple of months ago. She now has two!

Roy.

Don't be silly Roger :roll:

They're much worse than that :x

When I was young a friend had three of them, the fleabags used to climb all over the benches , on the sink, in the pans
and then you'd get asked if you wanted a cuppa :-&

Alan Jones":88q9hr0n said:
Don't be silly Roger :roll:

They're much worse than that :x

When I was young a friend had three of them, the fleabags used to climb all over the benches , on the sink, in the pans
and then you'd get asked if you wanted a cuppa :-&

If you had a properly developed immune system, such things would worry far less than having your face licked by some big floppy doggy tongue - utterly disgusting.

I like cats because they are capable of telling you to ..ss off if they are not in the mood. Proper civilised behaviour. Non of this PLEASE PLEASE LOVE ME I'M DESPERATE stuff.

I find it appalling that there is the product of the dogs rear end all over public spaces. To some people, those public spaces represent their garden.

Each animal has its benefits and disadvantages.

When I was caring for my son's Staffie, I was able to leave her in the garden during the day, as I have an escape-proof garden. I didn't find any dead cats, but I did notice a sudden absence of them while the Staffie was with us! Is that hunting with dogs? I don't think so!

Just the smell of dog keeps the cats away I suppose. :twisted:

Lion dung! you can buy it in pellet form and spread it around your garden perimeter, not only will it keep cats out it also acts as a fertiliser!

ricasso":1lwqzx13 said:
Lion dung! you can buy it in pellet form and spread it around your garden perimeter, not only will it keep cats out it also acts as a fertiliser!

Will this stuff deter smokers from hanging out behind my garden wall, polluting my space and doing other preternatural things, where the street lights don't shine?

John :twisted:

Benchwayze":s8rmqhtf said:
ricasso":s8rmqhtf said:

Will this stuff deter smokers from hanging out behind my garden wall, polluting my space and doing other preternatural things, where the street lights don't shine?

Im sure it would if you throw it over the wall while your interlopers are doing their best to spoil your peace of mind....

ricasso":az5d6hx9 said:
Benchwayze":az5d6hx9 said:
ricasso":az5d6hx9 said:

Im sure it would if you throw it over the wall while your interlopers are doing their best to spoil your peace of mind....

So it stinks like we can smell it too!
Great! 8)

John :lol:

No, it doesn't stink, but it works on cats and if someone tipped a load of cr*p,Lion or otherwise, on my head I think id get the message pretty damn quick! :wink:

Hmmm...

Mind you, I had the idea that chicken pellets might work, because I know they do pong!
Problem is I don't wish to subject my neighbors to a whiff every time they walk outside their doors.
Maybe I should just grow some Fire-thorn on the plot, so the foliage overhangs the wall!
I suppose then they would just sit on my lawn instead!
I think I will buy that German Shepherd after all! :twisted:

Benchwayze":38ydwp2b said:
Hmmm...

Mind you, I had the idea that chicken pellets might work, because I know they do pong!
Problem is I don't wish to subject my neighbors to a whiff every time they walk outside their doors.
Maybe I should just grow some Fire-thorn on the plot, so the foliage overhangs the wall!
I suppose then they would just sit on my lawn instead!
I think I will buy that German Shepherd after all! :twisted:

Yep, Pyrocantha will do the job! used to hate working on that stuff, id almost need a blood transfusion after a day cutting that! :twisted:

Oh dear. It all came to a head tonight. The neighbour confronted my 9 year old Daughter and told her off for spraying the cat. That was like a red rag to a bull with the Wife and she told them, "keep the cat out of the garden and it won't get wet"

What is really sad is that even after a long conversation, he said he felt sorry for us. He could not even understand that we have every right to say we do not want his cat in our garden.

He even said that us soaking his cat is like him soaking our Daughter. I tried to explain that there was a slight difference there. But to no avail!

Some people just can't seem to grasp how their actions affect other people. Makes my blood boil.

I'm afraid you have no chance of a logical discussion there my friend. Bin there etc.
One old lady, two doors down from us, once knocked on our door to complain about our dogs fouling our garden!

Roy.

Digit":3jlhouhi said:
I'm afraid you have no chance of a logical discussion there my friend. Bin there etc.
One old lady, two doors down from us, once knocked on our door to complain about our dogs fouling our garden!

Roy.
The mind boggles :shock:

flanajb, I'm sorry for you, and your family. Sadly, although the details are different, it all sounds very familiar. We are now on 'ignore, they don't exist' terms. Unfortunate really.

xy

Latest posts

Back