If money is no object, what is the best floor standing router table on the uk market?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't overlook the Sauter shop lifts. They look excellent. Add a Suhner spindle and you're away. Woodgrafter and bisch bosch mashable done reviews. sauter Router Lifts for Router Tables
Just had a look at the link, the straight lifts look pretty standard but I like the tilting one, that would certainly be added functionality. First time I have seen a tilting one.

Ollie

Don't forget the Limiters, can't say that making two balanced cutters and two limiters 1.1mm back is easy....

Make your own cutters; fraction of the price of even router cutters and you can exactly match any profile.
Router gets relegated to small stuff only, particularly if hand held.

Don't forget the Limiters, can't say that making two balanced cutters and two limiters 1.1mm back is easy....
I do it the (slightly) old fashioned way with roughly balanced cutters and no limiters. I don't need limiters because I'm not going to put my fingers anywhere near the cutters ever - so if you aren't seriously into safety and don't use either two push sticks all the time, or a power feed, then don't do it. Worst of all with short range grippers and other daft devices
Big plus of the spindle is that the machine is heavy enough to be slightly out of balance and even if you have perfectly matching cutters it's OK to set one slightly back, which is faster setting up but means only one is cutting which is OK.
The old Whitehill blocks were the safety blocks of their day and much safer than 'french' cutters or those 4 sided bolt on blocks things which I guess are never used at all by anybody, and quite right too.

Last edited:
Just had a look at the link, the straight lifts look pretty standard but I like the tilting one, that would certainly be added functionality. First time I have seen a tilting one.

Ollie
Yeah, I liked the look of that too.
Check out the 3 part review and build. Can't easily be used with the Incra though.

Latest posts

Back