Ideas wanted please folks.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckbuilder

Reaction score
Hi all, Newbie saying hello.

Im JD, as my user name imply's we build Decks amongst other things and we are based in Cumbria.

Nice forum, has been very useful to me whilst lurking.

However the time has come to ask questions:D

So here goes,

Do any of you know of a supplier for Post sleeve trims or collars, I'm looking for these for the bases of the newels we fit to the decks we build, there are plenty of suppliers in the USA, but I can't find any in good old blighty...

Any ideas welcome.

Surely it does not take long to set a stop on your mitre saw and bang out a load of mitred lengths of timber to suit the post size and then just pin them in place?

Jason

xy mosian":s7w9jcgn said:
Hi JD, what's a 'Post sleeve trim'. It's a term I have not come across before.

xy

It's what we would like to use around the bottom of our newel posts where they meet the deck boards, just a trim really, I'm hoping they will speed up what is a very time consuming process for us.

JD

jasonB":1pmtv260 said:
Surely it does not take long to set a stop on your mitre saw and bang out a load of mitred lengths of timber to suit the post size and then just pin them in place?

Jason

I've thought about doing just that mate, but wondered if there was anything on the market already.

I'm thinking quadrant or something of a similar profile, our local timber merchant will treat it for us I'm guessing.

JD

Back