Ickworth Park Wood Fair

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick W

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anyone going to this?

Actually, I have just tried to look it up on the National Trust site, where it did have an entry earlier this year, but that seems to have disappeared. So does anyone know if it really is happening? Supposedly on the 13th/14th of this month.

Nick - I've got it in my calendar but like you said its no longer shown on their web page. Mind you a search on the NT page for 'find an event' delivers no hits even if all sites are selected so it looks like a web site issue. I have emailed them and will post any answer.

I normally go and test the suspension on my wife's A6 with the wood that comes back. I now take my own coloured chalk and a tape measure so i can both write my name on the boards and show where to chainsaw.

This is shown on the Wood Creative site

http://www.woodcreative.co.uk/events/

Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th October 2006
Wood Sale and Fair
Ickworth House Park and Gardens, Ickworth, The Rotunda, Horringer, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP29 5QE
Opportunity to buy quality wood from the Ickworth Estate. Wood includes native and exotic species, milled and in the round. Plenty of children's activities available, along with home-made cakes, fudges and pickles.
10am - 4pm Admission charges apply

As posted earlier I emailed the contact only to get an out of office until Monday!

I've just searched the National Trust Ickworth House website and they have fixed their search fault - it now shows the event again so panic over!

You do have to pay the normal NT entrance fee into the grounds (£3-50). Last time they did take cards for timber payment , but take a chequebook just in case - previous years it was cash or cheque only!)

Event Details
Event Wood Sale & Fair
Venue Ickworth House, Park & Gardens (in Suffolk)
Description Now in its eighteenth year! A weekend for everyone to enjoy as woodcraft professionals and enthusiasts come together to demonstrate and sell their crafts. This is a rare opportunity to buy quality wood from the Ickworth Estate. Wood includes native and exotic species milled and in the round. Plenty of children¿s activities available along with homemade cakes fudges and pickles for sale.
Booking Booking Not Needed
Additional Info
Scheduling Information
Saturday, 13 Oct 2007 10:00am - 4:00pm
Pricing
No Additional Charges
Sunday, 14 Oct 2007 10:00am - 4:00pm
Pricing
No Additional Charges

Back