I wouldn't like to to make a dust in this garage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
christoph clark":1y3dih0f said:
Dan Tovey":1y3dih0f said:
Can anyone come up with a forum for sadder people than that?

How about this forum for people who want to learn to cook a good curry.
http://www.cr0.co.uk/curry/

Christoph, Christoph...

How can wanting to to cook a good curry possibly be thought of as being sad? I have just signed up to this forum - you may not be seeing so much of me on UKW from now on!

I still think that cleaning cars has got to be the saddest thing a man can do - and enjoy!!!

Cheers
Dan

Almost as bad as the forum called WECOM, we collect old mixers.... ( like kenwood chef mixers) seriously.

I am sad enough to do the whole day cleaning thing occasionally....

2378679056_cd5062596b.jpg

If you look closely you can see where I went a bit mad and cleaned the numberplate clean off :twisted:

Though with the weather as it is (yes that is my day to day car :shock:) every time I do it someone at the council finds out and they salt the roads :lol:

Si

Its a cold windy night on the moors, the rain is hammering down and poor little momo can't stop shivering or coughing, his body is racked with pain as he stands chest hurting trying to breath and crying for some warmth and shelter, its a long way from manchester to themoneypit momo thinks, but his bare feet are sore from all the walking, for a momment momo thinks he can hear a vehicle coming but it sounds nothing like the horse drawn carriages he is used too, then the sound disappears like a murmur in the wind, momo puts one painfull foot in front of the other and tries desperately to continue walking when out of the wind torn moors comes a fast sleek looking blue horseless vehicle with a roar like a lion, momo is hopefull that whoever is in it will give him a sixpence or some bread to eat but as the vehicle draws abreast the man inside looks at momo and makes a finger salute he doesn't understand, then with a sneer of disdain he turns and roars off, momo, tired, hungry and wet thinks of what he would do with such a vehicle, and continues to walk, soon he reaches a little hamlet called inthemoneypit, and looks around, there at the side of the road by an inn is the vehicle he saw on the moors, and so momo goes into the inn and see's the man from the vehicle sitting by the nice warm fire eating a pie and drinking a brandy, momo, smiles and the man just looks through him, sadly momo goes back outside and puts his box of tools on the ground, pulling his brace and bits out he proceeds to drill into the door of the vehicle, after a while he is inside, he finds the ignition and starts it up and drives of as the owner comes out of the inn shouting, momo, slowly turns to him, returns the finger salute he was given and mouths............

Hope you like the walk, but hey what can you expect from a kid that no one wants to adopt.

momo":2jl7ybf6 said:
Its a cold windy night on the moors, the rain is hammering down and poor little momo can't stop shivering or coughing, his body is racked with pain as he stands chest hurting trying to breath and crying for some warmth and shelter, its a long way from manchester to themoneypit momo thinks, but his bare feet are sore from all the walking, for a momment momo thinks he can hear a vehicle coming but it sounds nothing like the horse drawn carriages he is used too, then the sound disappears like a murmur in the wind, momo puts one painfull foot in front of the other and tries desperately to continue walking when out of the wind torn moors comes a fast sleek looking blue horseless vehicle with a roar like a lion, momo is hopefull that whoever is in it will give him a sixpence or some bread to eat but as the vehicle draws abreast the man inside looks at momo and makes a finger salute he doesn't understand, then with a sneer of disdain he turns and roars off, momo, tired, hungry and wet thinks of what he would do with such a vehicle, and continues to walk, soon he reaches a little hamlet called inthemoneypit, and looks around, there at the side of the road by an inn is the vehicle he saw on the moors, and so momo goes into the inn and see's the man from the vehicle sitting by the nice warm fire eating a pie and drinking a brandy, momo, smiles and the man just looks through him, sadly momo goes back outside and puts his box of tools on the ground, pulling his brace and bits out he proceeds to drill into the door of the vehicle, after a while he is inside, he finds the ignition and starts it up and drives of as the owner comes out of the inn shouting, momo, slowly turns to him, returns the finger salute he was given and mouths............

Hope you like the walk, but hey what can you expect from a kid that no one wants to adopt.

:lol: PMSL :lol:

Nice one momo!

OK, so it's getting to me.

I couldn't help noticing this morning that my car is a bit of a mess, so I thought I'd give this 'detailing' lark a go.

I took my car here

carwash.jpg

I parted with one of these

s_ten_pound_note1.jpg

And retired here for a pleasant hour

06ea4a7ba83cb4d99f1b07b568e1b794.jpg

Do you know - I thoroughly enjoyed the exercise. I can see the appeal of car cleaning after all!

:lol:

Lol @ Dan, I suppose going to the pub is one way to blind you from the terrible random muddy bits that the Polish immigrants fail to wash off :lol:

momo was a very bad boy last night, he has woken up with a fluffy mouth and a banging head, let alone with 2 nekked nymphs he picked up in his nice new chariot :roll: .

Talking of which, he vaguely remembers leaving it up some dark back road with lots of women walking up and down, last he saw it was when he came out of the night club and it was on bricks and the wipers were missing.

Pubs, hmm also a good way to get your car nicked by unadopted kids whilst supping the best brown.

Dan Tovey":33ojvpi9 said:
OK, so it's getting to me.

I couldn't help noticing this morning that my car is a bit of a mess, so I thought I'd give this 'detailing' lark a go.

I took my car here

carwash.jpg

I parted with one of these

s_ten_pound_note1.jpg

And retired here for a pleasant hour

06ea4a7ba83cb4d99f1b07b568e1b794.jpg

Do you know - I thoroughly enjoyed the exercise. I can see the appeal of car cleaning after all!

:lol:

Dan - for a non or low alcholic drink if you were the one behind the wheel on the way home? - Rob

exigetastic":232mgsp1 said:
I am sad enough to do the whole day cleaning thing occasionally....

2378679056_cd5062596b.jpg

If you look closely you can see where I went a bit mad and cleaned the numberplate clean off :twisted:

Though with the weather as it is (yes that is my day to day car :shock:) every time I do it someone at the council finds out and they salt the roads :lol:

Si

Nice car I have allways liked the exige but as I have a son I have to have more than 2 seats, so I have got this which I also spend all day/weekend cleaning.
2w56k1v.jpg

30u7h1c.jpg

Back before I had kids, I used to have time for cleaning and polishing my car. Sadly there was no way to fit a baby-seat so I traded it in about a year after the first nipper arrived. I now have a white 7-seater van that I've washed only once in the last 15 months.
MyCar-Web.jpg

MyCar2-Web.jpg

Amazing how your priorities change as you go through life.

plug":1t7o95z9 said:
Nice car I have allways liked the exige but as I have a son I have to have more than 2 seats, so I have got this which I also spend all day/weekend cleaning.

Love the second pic, very "Top Gear". Nice colour too!

I have always fancied a TVR, love the noise they make! I don't find lack of seats a problem as I have the "support vehicle" you can see in the backgorund for family duties :wink:

I was close to a TVR when I chose the Exige, but it's my company car, so the Exige is actually quite tax efficient :shock:

fecn":1t7o95z9 said:
Amazing how your priorities change as you go through life.

I'm never going to grow up :oops:

Si

The TVR is a toy as we have a second car and I use a van for work. This is my dream car and could not see me selling it, nothing else I have driven or had a ride in comes close.
The second photo was taken by a pro photographer at one of our meets in London, who is also a member of the other forum I use Pistonheads.com a website far car enthusiasts.

Latest posts

Back