I think there is a gap in the market.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbone

Established Member
Reaction score
I think there is a gap in the market for a pro site/ portable router table.

I think the Trend PRT is almost there but an independent maker that had mounts for all the 2000 plus watt routers would be good.

Thanks I will check out the Axy.
I would like alloy construction, demountable or fold under legs so I could use it bench top or on legs, a parallel sliding fence with micro adjust split for jointing.

I use a Triton router table on a Triton WorkCentre here in the UK and with a Triton Router stand when I am staying at my daughter's place in France. I hang my Bosch 2000 off it and it works well enough for my hobby use although may not be suitable for trade purposes. However, it satisfies most of your criteria, see

http://www.tritontools.com/en-GB/Model/RTA300

HTH

Martin

tbone":1zjz1ute said:
I would like alloy construction, demountable or fold under legs so I could use it bench top or on legs, a parallel sliding fence with micro adjust split for jointing.

Sounds like a Festool CMS to me;

Student":s03jf0tr said:
I use a Triton router table on a Triton WorkCentre here in the UK and with a Triton Router stand when I am staying at my daughter's place in France. I hang my Bosch 2000 off it and it works well enough for my hobby use although may not be suitable for trade purposes. However, it satisfies most of your criteria, see

http://www.tritontools.com/en-GB/Model/RTA300

HTH

Martin

Seems like decent gear, I had a workcentre but sold it once I got my Panel Saw since it was only used to rip down sheet stock for the lasers. I had the advantage of being a reseller of Triton / Kreg gear.

shed9":1nmxke98 said:
tbone":1nmxke98 said:

Seems to pretty much cover it. At a price.

I've never used the CMS as I generally find Festool pricing a bit rich for my blood but I made one exception with the Domino because its just so useful and of course the design is unique. So I appreciate Festool quality and engineering. On that basis, I would bet the CMS is a very good system. If you youtube a chap called Peter Parfitt, he is a festool loon and has done numerous reviews of their tools, including the cms. Might be worth checking out.....but start saving!!!

shed9":1byw7sfs said:
tbone":1byw7sfs said:

Now I'm not in the market for one of these just curios.

The basic table is £400 but I cannot see how much it would cost so you could use a router and circular saw?

Mick

Hello Martin
I like the way the Triton router lifts in a table. I could add another router to the team for table use only. I have Makita routers.

Thanks for pointing out the Festool but I am trying to avoid the F word as I am a working tradesman and can not run to that kind of money. It is a very big system with lots of fans. When I say gap in the market I mean for an independent maker to put together a trade unit with a modular design.

Festool would argue that you get so much productivity benefit with their tools that the return on investment is worth it. Blah blah blah.....heard it all before. I would agree that time saved with the domino versus trad M&T, that argument holds true. But their router versus a Makita or a Dewalt etc, naaaah.

Festool would argue that you get so much productivity benefit with their tools that the return on investment is worth it. Blah blah blah.....heard it all before. I would agree that time saved with the domino versus trad M&T, that argument holds true. But their router versus a Makita or a Dewalt etc, naaaah.

May be I could make something out of bits of all systems, has anyone been bothered to do this.

I agree that the CMS system is 'over priced' but my point was that they do exist and this may impact another vendor entering that market.

I do however also agree that there is probably a gap for a decently priced portable router table for site use.

The thing is a CMS table is for festool kit, I have not seen other routers fitted to the cms and there is no cut out for a router plate like a UJK etc. An independant modular design that could take makita dewalt hitachi bosch etc would be just the job. Makita router 300 squid or so Ftool 800 quid and the 400 pound cms needs another 450 for the router insert then a load more money for the mitre fence and out table extension etc etc. Not bashing F kit but is there 800 pound router 500 pound better than my Makita if you get my drift. Sorry if this sounds like a rant.
tbone.

Back