hows this for a posh site radio ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
5cee_1_sbl.JPG

God knows how much they are if you can get one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don`t tell me, it`s 3 times the price of a standard site radio, BUT makes Chris Moyles sound entertaining :-k :-k :-k Might finally be worth buying a Festool :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Out of interest, are any of the site radios DAB?

The Festool differs in that there's a slot on the side where you feed in a fiver every time you want to change the channel. :lol:

If I got one of those, it would undoubtedly be the most expensive piece of equipment in my garage! :lol:

Save yourself a bundle - buy the cheaper SiteBox, a pot of Humbrol green paint and cadge up a Festool catalogue to get the logo.....

I thought I had seen it before toughbox make them for Festool I suppose.

Think I will still get a Makita one I know they are good radio's everyone on site has them.

Chippy

I have the Makita, and couldn't rate it highly enough. It isn't the loudest out there, but I reckon it is one of the best sounding. And it is pretty compact - some of them are HUGE.

I got my "white" model from the states, and it has 2 AUX inputs (for MP3 player etc), but I think the normal "blue" ones they sell over here now have that facility as well.

Cheers

Karl

I agree with Karl, I've got the blue Makita one and it's great. And yes it does now come with 2 AUX inputs. It also comes with a mains adapter and takes both Ni-Cad and Li-Ion style batteries.

Karl":hwfvpvir said:
Chippy

I have the Makita, and couldn't rate it highly enough. It isn't the loudest out there, but I reckon it is one of the best sounding. And it is pretty compact - some of them are HUGE.

I got my "white" model from the states, and it has 2 AUX inputs (for MP3 player etc), but I think the normal "blue" ones they sell over here now have that facility as well.

Cheers

Karl

Yeah I know they are very good would be better if they charged the batteries as well but then I suppose they would be bigger then.

I have not got round to buying one yet as about 5 people who I work with on site all have them so I only really need one for when I am on my own :lol: :lol:

Back