How square is your square

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MattyT":364hmup8 said:
I agree that no square is truly square........

I don't think anyone has made that claim. Indeed, it would be a most bizarre thing if it were true. It implies that every single possible angle were available to squares other than 90 degrees. Think of it this way..........get hold of your mitre gauge, and rotate it from say 11 o'clock through to 1 o'clock, and then tell me it didn't pass through 90 degrees (12 o'clock) in the process. That's the claim you just made.

True squares absolutely must exist, simply by the laws of chance. The fact is, no manufacturer can truly claim to sell you a square which is exactly 90 degrees, so it is impossible (no matter how much money you spend) to claim "I bought X, so therefore it is a perfect right angle". nor even "I bought X, so it will be more accurate than Y". The only claim you can make is "I bought X, therefore it has a greater chance of being accurate than if I'd bought Y, subject to me not checking either of them before I bought".

Sorry, it was in relation to an early post that I thought I was writing underneath. It was about finding a precise engineering square and keeping it precise.

MikeG.":2kt0uvvh said:
Think of it this way..........get hold of your mitre gauge, and rotate it from say 11 o'clock through to 1 o'clock, and then tell me it didn't pass through 90 degrees (12 o'clock) in the process.
A set of conditions being met in a given moment doesn't mean it met the criteria of being functional.
MikeG.":2kt0uvvh said:
That's the claim you just made.
No that was all you.

SMALMALEKI":1tqfzacf said:
Here is the copy of it. I have to disclose it publicly.

Look forward to seeing you

Regards

Saeid

Hi John

I am sorry to have missed your reply. I am not sure why this message was not highlighted or how I missed it.

I have not confirmed the booking yet but will send you text once it is confirmed. I will try to sort the transport one way or the other.

I look forward to seeing you.

Best regards

Saeid

Got that Saeid. Thanks again

John

Latest posts

Back