How Old Is Too Old ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a one man band and only slightly built. I get around this by having some helpful friends who will give me a hand with heavy stuff. I also have two good workshop neighbours who help out occasionally when I need a strong pair of hands. Mind you I always remember a saying I read which stated 'Inside every old man is a young man trying to get out' :lol: Most of my friends have a nickname for me....Duracell! :lol:

"there must come a point where it wouldn't make sense to invest your life savings in a business start-up"

Personally I agree with most of the above - i.e. it's never too late. But I would be very careful indeed of investing all you have in doing it. That is far too dangerous in later life when the opportunity to earn possible losses back is slim. That's OK in your thirties as you have time to climb back up if necessary.
I think there is almost always a way of testing what you plan to do without risking the life-savings. Do it on a smaller scale and grow it. Note most great businesses started very small, and grew organically. (Virgin, Carphone Warehouse and Apple spring to mind).
I'd say do it, and don't think about how old you are - but don't risk your shirt on it.

Teaching Tech to secondary kids is tough at 67. I will do another year after this and quit when I am 61 after 40 years at the same skool.

Back