How do I take the base off an orbital sander?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherw

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone,

I have an AEG VS230 orbital sander, one of the rectangular ones, it's at least 15 years old but still works perfectly. Unfortunately this afternoon I managed to get a piece of cloth wrapped arouind the base mechanism and I can't get it out, it got dragged in above the pad.

i can't figure out how to get the base off. I thought there would be screws going up from the base, but there don't seem to be. There are holes, but you couldn't get a screwdriver into them, I've taken the screws out of the casing, but you definitely have to take the base off first. It's like this http://www.kuluttaja.fi/tuote/tiedot.aspx?id=da6ab99d-99d9-4b21-923b-1ab2399825af&code=1 but an older version.

Can anyone help?

Thanks Mick, I was looking everywhere for an exploded diagram but I couldn't find it. Does that mean there is just one big nut in the middle? I thought there must be nuts on the 4 outer pillars and i caouldn't find them. This means I have to take the rubber off the base. Grrrrr.

Back