How do I get this off?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That type of alligator jaw grip are not meant to be disassembled - as you pull the pipe up the angled tabs will just dig in harder..
Two options -
  1. Try inserting a shim of high density polythene sheet under the tabs - easing it under one by one until you have them all resting on it, and then with some force you should be able to twist the fitment out
  2. with a small screwdriver pry around 50% of them forming a large enough semicircle such that you relieve the pressure on the remaining tabs and can twist it out
Either way a fiddly job but eminently do-able without irreparably wrecking either part
/Ed
This..Shampoo containers , Nesquick tubs, lots of things are HDPE, you can cut strips or if lucky find something in HDPE that is cylindrical .HDPE will be marked on the bottom of the containers which are.

@Thingybob thanks, I’ve found the installation instructions for the shower but can’t see anything about a release system, mine doesn’t go up to section 12!! I will have a look in the units to see if there is anything.

Thanks guys, coke can and shim bits in hand I will have a go, failing that it’s hacksaw time😁

Well, all attempts failed so it was the hacksaw that won the day. Not a big issue as the toughened glass splash panels pulled the plaster board off with it, so 2nd fixing again isn’t any more work. Golly the splash panels are heavy. I just wish they could be reused. Unfortunately taking them off damaged the decorative back of the glass, and it would be next to impossible to clean off the silicone that was used to attach them without damaging the decretive finish.

Back