hoover without dust bags

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stocksy27

Established Member
Reaction score
looking to get a new hoover, mainly used on site on plunge saw planers etc, currently have a nilfisk which is great when used with a bag, how ever i want to be able to use it without a bag, the fine dust clogs the filter too quick and using it with out a bag or a filter just blows dust out the vents, any one have any options? have looked at the fein and the festool but both seem to need bags, although festool do a reusable bag for £105

The idea is that it clogs the filter, that you can take out and clean. You cannot take your lungs out and clean them.

I use both a cyclone (dust commander DLX) and a bag. The cyclone catches all of the chips and some of the dust, and the bag catches any result fine dust - meaning the filter does its job catching the superfine stuff. As a result, the bag lasts months as it's only filling up with fine dust when sanding.

Some folks cut the end of the bag and reseal it with a clip. When it gets full you just remove the clip, empty the bag and re-use. All the benefits of using bags without so much cost. Just a thought. The clips folks use are I think binding strips used on documents.

i have the midi which is excellent, and bought a reusable bag from ebay for £20, the first one failed quickly the cardboard separated from the cloth on its first use, the seller sent me a new one, a labourer managed to break it the same way and realising he was going to be moaned at he used some spray adhesive and repaired it that was 18 months ago and the bag is still going strong, probably saved me about 80 quid in bags so far!

adidat

Back