Honeycomb structure

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnold9801

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a beekeeper in my spare time and with an up and coming local Bee/Honey exhibition, I would like to make a magnified bee frame exhibit.

Idealky I would like to make a 4:1 scale model of the frame. They actually measure approx 380mm x 250mm.

The hexagonal cells of the frame will need to measure approx 20mm and I'm looking for so e form of hexagonal structure of this size to simulate the wax cells in a typical hive frame.

Does anyone have any suggestions of such a product I could use for this providing me with cells of this size?

See the two photos below.

To make each cell would be to time consuming!

Arnold9801

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230118_211516_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230118_211516_Samsung Internet.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230118_211840_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230118_211840_Samsung Internet.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I recall visiting an aircraft maintenance and refit hanger and seeing large sheets of lightweight honeycomb material used for internal walls.

Colin

A bit strange this….but….the core structure if Ikea desk tops is this shape….if you could find one that is being thrown away…..

Is there a material available in tubular form which you could cut into short lengths and cramp together in a frame?

A bit strange this….but….the core structure if Ikea desk tops is this shape….if you could find one that is being thrown away…..
Don't know what you mean, but I'll research it to see if I can get a photo of it and go from there. Thank you.

Back