Holdfast Group Buy - May have found a UK Blacksmith

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been playing with my holdfasts for a couple of days now and things of beauty and a joy to behold they are too.

Many, many thanks to Richard and evryone who made this possible.

I hate to be the one pissing on the parade but mine don't work.
I've hit them with a rubber mallet, a wooden mallet, a hammer and a sledgehammer. No matter what i try, i just can't hold the kids down in their beds.

For anyone who may be wondering where their holdfasts are, we're posting another batch this morning - then I think I'm up to date and that's the end of the queue.
So anyone who's been thinking I haven't got any left or I'm out of stock - I'm not. I've got potentially 11 pairs left.

(Gerrumwhilethey're'otthey'reloverly)

Mike - there are now 10 pairs left and depending on how quickly they go (or if they all go) I will have to get some more 18mm stock with my next order.
However this may be in a wee while as cider making season is upon us, not to mention the much waited for "Thing in the Garage" which is due to take shape this month too.

Richard T":15th1388 said:
TJA - Twas a bit mad in the post office yesterday but we did manage to find out that one pair would cost £12.60 by land but would be cheaper; £11.10 by airmail.
Maybe next time we're there when it's less crazy, ie NOT pension day, we will find out how much for two pairs.

OK, I'd like a pair please. Let me know how much the total is, including shipping to the Netherlands, so I can PayPal it to you. Thanks for taking the trouble at the post office, and on pension day!

Take

Mmm, cider, remember that from my Leicester Uni days, can't get that here, apart from the ubiquitous Strongbow.

ok, next batch sent - another pair ordered - potentially 6 pairs left.
Many thanks for all the nice things said in PMs.

I'll say it again ... (ahem, .... ) "Gerrumwhilethey're'otthey'reloverley!"

Thank you, Richard - safely arrived not an hour ago. Naturally I felt it my duty to immediately put them to the test:

2exa2xy.jpg

Work an absolute treat. Alas, two into one hole won't go; where's my brace and 3/4" bit... It's Swiss Cheese time! :wink:

Thanks for that Alf, glad you like 'em.
Whilst cider pressing, I've had orders for 3 more pears, er, pairs so that leaves 3 pairs still up for grabs.

I borrowed a couple of Trim's yesterday, as I wanted to see how they worked in my bench top - 4 layers of 18mm MDF. They work great, so i've ordered a pair from Richard.

Cheers

Karl

Oooops, sorry Shim, I don't know how I missed your pm. I'll reply now.

And that, folks, is it.

All the stock I bought has been snaffled.

If enough people want more I'll order some more specially - other wise it will have to wait til my next order of other stuff.
Many thanks for everyones' support, kind words and money. It's been quite a learning curve that has finished up at the correct angle.

I will get into the forge this week to make the last 7 pairs, so expect a bit of a wait.

Latest posts

Back