Holdfast Group Buy - May have found a UK Blacksmith

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mark270981":3or85oxq said:
whats wrong with the holdfasts from axminster? 20 quid per pair?

Presumably you mean these:

701867_l.jpg

Nothing really as far as I know. But they have a great big threaded bit sticking out the top. The trad design we are getting excited about are quicker and easier - you just whack them with a mallet.

Have a look at some of Roy Underhill's videos to see what I mean.

mark270981":bkve9ll4 said:
whats wrong with the holdfasts from axminster? 20 quid per pair?

Mark the set that you are talking about are £23+ a pair and Richard's handmade ones are only £14.

Cheers

Mike

Mark, the thread aspect is a bit of a pain, Even with the Veritas - which is really good - tightening up the screw can get tedious quite fast if you're needing to move your set up often as you work the workpiece. And there's something about the simplicity that's appealing - or is that just me?

Another dirty day in the forge and I've now got a reasonable stack to start sending out.
Have been exploring Jiffy bags :shock: and all in all, I think I need to ask for £1 for packaging although it looks like two pairs will fit in one bag so packaging is the same for 2 or 4. So that's £14 +p&p, or £15 + p. Hope this sounds ok, fair etc .. don't really see how I can do it for less.
Postage - I'm still open to suggestions/reminders although when I posted the single one to Tom in the regular post it was less than I was expecting. Will get pair and two pairs weighed and priced for comparison.
Payment method - I'd be more than happy with ye olde cheques but if anyone would rather do anything more modern, my secretary will have to deal with it.

That's great news! Nearly there!

Are you going to tell us all your name and address, or send PMs to those who have said they are interested?

Would be good if Dibs could oblige with that Excel spreadsheet thing that he used for the router table insert ? to organise the recipients 8)

I'm now ready to start sending out holdfasts - as long as you are ok with the Royal Mail standard parcel rate which would make it (near as dammit)

- for a pair of holdfasts - £19.50
- for two pairs - £36.00

Please PM to confirm you would like to order, how many and to receive details of where to send your cheque.

Now to practice packing them properly .. :?

barkwindjammer":3f34cv70 said:
Would be good if Dibs could oblige with that Excel spreadsheet thing that he used for the router table insert ? to organise the recipients 8)

Jim - you must have missed the important bit,

Richard T":3f34cv70 said:
but if anyone would rather do anything more modern, my secretary will have to deal with it.

:lol::lol:

But if Richard get his secretary to drop me a PM - I'm more that happy to send her a copy and\or the Google Apps one. Or even set it up for her.

HIH

Dibs

After much messing about, I think we have worked out paypal. So use it if you want to but if you (as I) are finding it difficult to keep up with the 20th century, let alone this one, cheques are fine too.

email address: [email protected]

The first 10 pairs will go into the post tomorrow.
And I bet we're the only ones in the post office with a sack truck - could be embarrasing ..

Well if you're at the Post office anyway, could you enquire what it would cost to ship one or two pairs to The Netherlands? (If you are willing to do that, of course). I'd be much obliged.

Take

Latest posts

Back