High Torque Cordless Drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought (in 1989 ....... I remember because I was on the way to see Floyd in Wembley) a set of three augers (green Marples) with a little tee handle, the largest of which is iirc 25mm (certainly big enough for a 22mm pipe). I still have them. The handle is probably not six inches long, but the 25mm auger can be be wound by hand without any additional everage.

Trevanion said:
Look, I'm not a neanderthal or anything like some other people... but if you're not in a serious hurry you can't really beat a bit and brace with a largish sweep for that kind of work and it won't cost you the earth either, maybe £15 at most all in buying secondhand stuff off eBay. That's coming from me and I'm a machine man through and through.

Unfortunately it’s for DDH, if I suggested a bit and brace I will never get my barn :( Fencing and chopping wood seem to be the only ‘boy’ jobs in our household ........ unless of course he would start doing the ironing, then there might be a trade :)

P.s. thanks everyone for the suggestions

Most recent 18v drills will do the job, it's more dependant on the bit. The bosch speed cut flat bits are really good and won't snap your wrist like auger bits will.

Latest posts

Back