Jig saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a lifetime of D handles I got a body grip. It's awful, I suggest anyone making the leap to try one before buying.
I had an Elu, body grip, for years (30+) & got on well with it, until one day it literarily went 'BANG!' NLA, so bought DW c/less, D- handle & still OK.

Is a Mafell as good as people say is it work getting a good second hand one !
I have a Mafell Plunge saw and love it!
They are good,but not vastly better than the top of the line Bosch.Makita,Hikoki or DeWalt.A second hand one is a big risk and they may not have spares for older models.

but not vastly better than the top of the line Bosch.Makita,Hikoki or DeWalt.
I used to think similar, until had a go myself once ( and already have LO50 router and MT55cc saw)

A second hand one is a big risk and they may not have spares for older models.
I've been after a SH for a SH price, but those were over £300, making no sense to not to get a new one "once in a lifetime investment", will not sell mine- never! As it comes to parts- I can get parts for a LO50 (6 years ago stopped production model), so for parts and repairs, they are fairly reliable

The other difference is the Mafell does not use a blade guide on the rear of the blade, the blade is extra thick but more expensive at around £20 each. Not having that rear blade guide also means you can fit the blade in the other way round and work from below whilst still having the support of the base.

This is one tool where the OEM has really looked at the issues people have with jigsaws and fixed them so it is capable of cutting straight and not just curves so although not cheap it is a buy once tool so actually over time very cost effective.

There are 2 Mafell jigsaws on eBay atm 110v at £310 or best offer!
Also on eBay a brand new 110v from FFX for £438.55 with 20% off!
Checked those... are they (x2) the same jigsaw listed by different accounts?

whilst new ones are £408 and £438 respectively, I presume it's black friday/ stock refresh thingy before new years... still a decent price, considering
https://www.toucantools.co.uk/jigsaws.html?filter=&fl1=127

Back