Hi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrJay

Established Member
Reaction score
Seeing as the internets are full of bloody awful forums it's a rare and pleasant thing to find a decent one. I've posted a couple of times and reckon this a nice place to be. I hope you don't mind.

I've taken to the woody thing in the last year or or so. It's my dad's fault; he was building a wooden dinghy for god knows how long but didn't get to finish. Taking the mantle on five years later, it became apparent that I was largely incompetent and should go purchase tools and practice some...

Anyhow, I'm two beers up (and on an empty stomach). I have a mandolin, we should from a band.
Chin chin.

Greetings Mr. Jay

Yes, I know exactly what you mean about internet 'chat' forums, if ever there was proof that the world is full of idiots then one only has to browse some of the forums to see it. :roll:

Anyway, UKW has always, (to me at least), seemed a civilised & knowledgible place to be, so I'm happy to welcome you. :) I'm sure others will be along shortly to do the same.

If you have the technology please post a few piccies. I say that as someone who at present is unable to do so :cry:

Welcome to the best woodworking/Carpentry forum on the net MR Jay.
If your like me and need to ask any quetsions just ask them. :lol:

Welcome hope you enjoy your stay.

Cheers

CarlC

Losos":3tqihgv2 said:
. . . if ever there was proof that the world is full of idiots then one only has to browse some of the forums to see it.

And which forums would those be Losos??? And anyway some of my best friends are idiots - I feel most at home with them.

Hello Mr Jay and welcome to the madhouse - sorry mad workshop :wink:

Steve

Welcome Mr Jay
This is certainly a forum to beat the rest! Very friendly and stuffed with knowledgable people who are willing to share what they know.
Tonight I know very little but I will get myself a beer in a minute. That might help.
Cheers.

SF

I'm new to the site also and share your enthusiasm. I learn something new every time I log on.

DT

Back