Hernia..how do you know??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SammyQ":3vwhkviq said:
Now, why didn't I think of that? ](*,)

Thanks Dibs and good luck with the continued recovery - try not to sneeze too strongly? :-"

Sam

So thankful - I didn't come down with a cold or something in the last 5-6 weeks, that would have really hurt.

Must have sneezed more times than I can remember in the last 24 hrs - and no pain\anything at the surgery site. Had it been some weeks ago - it would have been sneeze, followed by effing and blinding and sneezing into the air as one hand would have supported the surgery site and another held onto some furniture\wall as my back doesn't like violent sneezes (and mine are rarely anything but).

Dibs

As the long term possessor of a mild(!!) prolapse on Lumbar 5....you have my profound sympathy and understanding. My own trick is to try to get sideways into a doorway and brace myself across it with a foot and both hands for a sneeze. People think I am either hamming it up for sympathy or a woose of the first order, but Jasus, Murphy and Joseph, does it hurt otherwise. They laugh on the other side of their faces when I can't walk or I get 'stuck' in the driving seat of the car and can't get out.

Sam

My back problems seem predominantly muscular. Bizarre things is that for 4-5 weeks after surgery - not a bloody twinge in the back of any description and then the way it was. :evil: I'm a little stumped as to why they've come back.

At the moment - my suspicion is on sleeping position\posture at night. For the 1st 4-5 weeks, my position\posture at night wasn't my usual one - i.e. sprawled out have on side and half on stomach - so as not to affect the surgery site.

So going back to sleeping in the fetal position on the left side only and resisting turning over - as having no twinges in the back muscles was so fantastic. Whereas this last week - lots of cussing, etc. 1st thing in the morning.

Dibs

Sorry for not checking in guys. I've been very busy over the last couple of months. Thank God.
The pain I was referring to has completely disappeared. So I'm ok anyway.
Thanks Sam and dibs for worrying about me.... :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back