Help needed (what are these)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wardroom

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Given a box of goodies from a mate and these items where in a tin, I have no idea what they are.
The clamp style items are about 1 1/2 inch and the handle looking things are about 1/2 to 1 inch.

Thanks

IMG_0012.jpg

I recognise the clamps - they are a hospital or laboratory item, used for clamping down on tubing to stop the flow of liquid through it.

If the other things are hollow, they could be tube couplers - one end pushes into the rubber or plastic tube, and the other ends fit together in pairs. If not hollow, they could be pegs from a cribbage board.

Shultzy":2wkyxk8t said:
A couple of those clamps could be used to make bar clamps for measuring the diagonals.

And a two part inside dimension finder (Like window reveals) :idea:
Or am I describing the same thing? :mrgreen:

John

Benchwayze":2vdbnnzd said:
Shultzy":2vdbnnzd said:
A couple of those clamps could be used to make bar clamps for measuring the diagonals.

John

Exactly! That's what I used mine for!

(Also good for temporarily holding a sash weight in the raised position by clamping the cord, so you can fix the cord to the sash without it pulling away.)

Benchwayze":7hvi1v55 said:
Shultzy":7hvi1v55 said:

John
I believe you're both describing pinch rods, yes? Like this.

Yep. I usually use two suitable offcuts and some elastic bands.
I might get around to making something better one day!
John :)

Those clamps are obsolete. This is what's used these days; cheaper and much easier to use.

BTW, it's a dialysis needle. I get two of them shoved in my arm three times a week. :-&

stick.jpg

Attachments

• stick.jpg
    stick.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts

Back