Help needed about inherited tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The clawhammer is a Maydole design (some collector interest if it is a Maydole, many companies made this design). Nice Warrington hammer as well. Below the red handled saw set appears to be an old striking knife. Those are kind of popular now.

Lots of fun stuff there, Neil!

Roger Nixon":1hbrszti said:
Below the red handled saw set appears to be an old striking knife. Those are kind of popular now.
Yeah, for people wanting to claim incapacity benefits due to the loss of an eye... :roll: But a question. When is it a striking knife and when is it a scriber? And does it matter? :-k

Cheers, Alf

Noel":16mbs9vc said:
The top clamp bar is on upside down, unless of course you were going to hone a skew blade
You're absolutely right, Noely - I flipped it in an unsuccessful attempt to get the iron from the #7 in it - about 1mm too wide!

Bugbear":16mbs9vc said:
Alf was right - it's the common (and quite horrid) Stanley
BB, it was actually the other honing guide I was wondering about - this one

Alf":16mbs9vc said:
I wouldn't really have ripped Neil off, honest
I know you wouldn't have, Alf :)

MikeW":16mbs9vc said:
It just keeps getting better and better...
I can hardly believe it myself, Mike - I just wish that I had been more aware 10 years ago so I could have asked my stepfather about them all!

Roger Nixon":16mbs9vc said:
Lots of fun stuff there, Neil!
Yep, this lot is going to keep me busy for a while! :D

OK, here is the last installment (I promise :p) - here are the contents of my stepfather's under-the-stairs toolbox, so very much his day-to-day users:

toolbox_tools.jpg

A nice-looking gentleman's saw (?)... and I won't be short on hammers, will I? (hammer)

Cheers,
Neil

dedee":xwcsbe3s said:
Neil, with all these tools you will be wanting a bigger workshop next :wink:
You might be right, Andy - I'll certainly need to make a big tool cabinet anyway!

Cheers,
Neil

Neil,
who was it that said "tools expand to fill the space made available for them?"

Andy

Alf":p71zdyln said:
Roger Nixon":p71zdyln said:
Below the red handled saw set appears to be an old striking knife. Those are kind of popular now.
Yeah, for people wanting to claim incapacity benefits due to the loss of an eye... :roll: But a question. When is it a striking knife and when is it a scriber? And does it matter? :-k

Cheers, Alf

WIMP! :lol: Since when does a galoot let danger interfere with tools?

For old toolers it is a striking knife. :wink:

Back