Hello from a new member. :)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex s

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All.
I have been a lurker for a bit and have been in the process of building my new workshop (so all my machines/tools have been in storage) .Cant wait as it has been nearly 3 years since I moved to this house. But getting excited now as it is nearly finished..just got the floor to pour and finish bits and bobs.

So be prepared for some stupid questions about best layout and pipe runs etc.

I must say this looks a friendly forum and I have learnt a lot from it already.

Also as I move all my tools out of storage I intend to sell some of it, do you find ebay the best place to sell?

I have a lockup full of hard wood I need to get rid of as well ( finally decided that it is costing more to store than is worthwhile) has anyone had any joy selling on ebay?

Alex

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum - and remember there's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers, so ask away.

Now you've got your workshop ready wouldn't it be a good idea to turn all that hardwood into furniture rather than sell it :?

regards

Brian

Welcome Alex - It's a nice place here! Keep us posted on your progress, of course with pics! Might pinch some ideas if that's OK as I want to build a workshop (AKA "summerhouse" for Mrs Woody!! :wink: )

Mark :D

Glad to have you on board Alex,

I am sure you will find this a friendly and helpful place. The search facility is useful for references to old threads which are full of information on a whole range of subjects.

Alex it would be nice to see some pictures of your workshop , even a WIP thread. I am sure you will get a lot of interest.

Good luck and don't forget to ask Wizer for a UKW badge.

Cheers, Tony.

Alex - welcome. If you've got stuff to sell it's a good idea to offer it to the membership before offloading it on the bay, only a thought - Rob

brianhabby":2rqi8v7f said:
Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum - and remember there's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers, so ask away.

Now you've got your workshop ready wouldn't it be a good idea to turn all that hardwood into furniture rather than sell it :?

regards

Brian

Brian, I agree, but I got over excited a few years ago and bought a Job lot of stuff from a merchant who was shutting up shop.
Some of the stuff I will probably never use, like I have about 10 ft cube of 3inch zeberno(spelling?) etc.

I have stored it in a lock up ( single garage size) and it is full, it has been there for 4 years, (at £60 a month for the lock up) as I will be doing the woodworking as a hobby and maybe a occasional piece for work (builder) it just ain't gonna get used anytime soon..so makes sense to sell most of it and then buy as and when I need it..

Escudo":pttjtm8n said:
Glad to have you on board Alex,

I am sure you will find this a friendly and helpful place. The search facility is useful for references to old threads which are full of information on a whole range of subjects.

Alex it would be nice to see some pictures of your workshop , even a WIP thread. I am sure you will get a lot of interest.

Good luck and don't forget to ask Wizer for a UKW badge.

Cheers, Tony.

Hi Tony,
I do have some photos of the workshop in progress ( sadly not that many)
Where is the best place to post?

Who is wizer? :)

Wizer is a member of the forum. You can find him easily enough. Look and ye shall find.

Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to get some ideas and advice on all aspects of woodwork. The hardwood would probly sell quite well here - I would be interested myself! :lol:

Anyways, look forward to reading all about the WS build etc.....

Neil

Wiz is like a bit of furniture round these parts. Is that a pun? :)

The best place to post pics of your workshop would be in the projects, workshop and past mistakes section.

Have a look down the main index you will spot it there.

Cheers, Tony.

Welcome Alex to the forum,
Where abouts are you in London?
As for selling your bits, like Neil said try this forum first.
Certainly if that's Zebrano you have, I don't think you will have any problem selling that here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

John. B

John. B":2fjdz507 said:
Welcome Alex to the forum,
Where abouts are you in London?
As for selling your bits, like Neil said try this forum first.
Certainly if that's Zebrano you have, I don't think you will have any problem selling that here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

John. B

Hi John

I am based in Chingford, east london.

Latest posts

Back