Hello and Thanks!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superstrat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the UKWorkshop forum, this is my first posting.

I've just ordered an HW110LGE-30 (Harvey/Xcalibur/Grizzly/Laguna clone) table saw. I made my choice after lengthy internet searching and reading the excellent posts from the people here on UKWorkshop (many thanks).

This is my first 'real' table saw. In the past I've owned a basic contractor-style saw. On taking early retirement I upgraded this to a Festool CMS with TS55 but now want to replace this with something more permanent, hence my purchase.

The new saw is en route to the UK and, according to Woodford, will arrive 'around the end of the month'. I look forward to perhaps contributing to this group in the future. Meanwhile, if any owners of this saw have any comments or advice that may help me get things up and running when it arrives then I would greatly appreciate your input.

Also, if any woodworkers reside in the the Devon/Cornwall area it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.

Wow! Thats jumping into the deep end.
Wouldnt want to pay the import duty and shipping on that thing.
hope you get your moneys worth.

sunnybob":agh6ogdg said:
Wow! Thats jumping into the deep end.
Wouldnt want to pay the import duty and shipping on that thing.
hope you get your moneys worth.

Hi sunnybob

Fortunately, I've used much larger industrial machines in my work but that was several years ago so I know I have a lot to re-learn.

Surprisingly, at todays prices, the machine is actually cheaper than the Festool CMS setup that it will replace.

That said, the UK company that imports them tells me that they can't get enough of them. There are ten on this latest shipment and eight are already reserved.

Amazing to think that with all the Uk companies selling machinery, that some thing imported from yankee land is competitive.

Oh, that explains things. I saw the original link and thought it was being shipped from america.

Oh, that explains things. I saw the original link and thought it was being shipped from america.

Back