head stock adapter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most chucks have fairly standard threads, but doesnt really matter anyway as the adaptor will be made to suit the chuck you have.

Monki magic - i certainly agree with procell on this, company needs contacting and making aware. If the breaks froo at a couple of thousand rpms with a lump of wood attatched someones bound to be in trouble.

Just out of curiosity how much where these lathes?

Hi

Yes I have informed Aldi of the issue and my concerns over the back plate. Their response was that it would be investigated in a future review. I mailed them back stating that this could have caused serious injury and should be reviewed immediately. They again said it would be reviewed but they had no other complaints about the product. I'm not convinced that I had the only back plate that was faulty. It looks more like poor quality than a random failure.

monki magic":10erxh2b said:
Hi

Yes I have informed Aldi of the issue and my concerns over the back plate. Their response was that it would be investigated in a future review. I mailed them back stating that this could have caused serious injury and should be reviewed immediately. They again said it would be reviewed but they had no other complaints about the product. I'm not convinced that I had the only back plate that was faulty. It looks more like poor quality than a random failure.

At the very least they should replace the faceplate as it is faulty

flh801978":ekpmq1b7 said:
Theres a few ways to go

You can make an adapter but it needs to be at least 20mm longer than the length of your spindle thread ( 18x2.5) so it may end up being 40-50 mm longer than needed

I can do you that but i would need your spindle and chuck to do it ( £25 )

The other and best option is to make a new spindle to a more common size...the size of your chuck springs to mind
again I'd need your spindle and chuck to do it (£35 )

This way keeps your overhang down and makes the lathe more saleable

Ian

Hi flh801978 is it £35 to make a new spindle to a more common size as I have just got into wood turning and found out that not just any face plate would fit. The faceplate i received with the lathe was threaded the wrong way and had no instructions looking for some help

Hi everyone,

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but i have also just received the Parkside lathe and was wondering if anything had changed since this thread was last active.

I have searched everywhere for a solution to the chuck issue, ending up on this answer - Lathe Adapter M18x1.5 Inside to M18x2.5 Outside thread by DarkDaedelus

I have seen other solutions here that have been suggested by @flh801978 and was really hoping that somebody could offer up some more advice.

Buzzby, someone who may be able to help is Dave Buckland at Solstrand Industries on the Sands Industrial Estate but I can’t promise anything.
Tell him Dave Brookes said he may be kind enough to assist, if he doesn’t remember me (it’s been six years since I have spoken to him) remind him that I was Quality Director at Cobham Antennas.

Back