Has the Highway Code changed?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So we've heard stories about other bad drivers.... Now whats the worst driving YOU ever did?

Mine was on a motor bike back in the 60's

There was a gang of about six of us all on our own motor bikes we were in the centre of Gloucester, then some one shouted "Last back to our local chip shop buys everyone chips" I might add the chip shop was about four miles out of Gloucester in one of the suburbs. So we set off I was not in the lead infact I was near last when we got to a dual carriageway and it was near at a standstill with traffic. Stupid here thought it would be a great idea to cross the centre reservation and drive on the wrong side for the last couple of miles, it included driving around two roundabouts the wrong way as well. Well I got to the chip shop first and after ten minutes no one turned up I was at the wrong chip shop :lol:

Stupid would be an understatement but was it great fum, ah! those were the days those were, I was 100% indestructable.

:lol:

Going to my wife's grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary with wife and baby in the car (Anglia 105E) and totally misjudging the entrance to the driveway and writing my favourite car off on a very solid pillar. With an audience of 20 relatives...

Stupid? 2 weeks ago my battery went flat, due to lack of use (I had flu). So I charged it up in situ, used it and it was OK. The next day I went out and tried to start the car - zilch. Took the battery out, left it on charge over the weekend (got out of going shopping, though) and put it back in on Monday. Went to test it and saw that the car was in Drive...

Lord Nibbo":34agfjgh said:
Jake":34agfjgh said:
I had to cut him right up to get me to the next red light a bit quicker.
You mean to say you did more than 15 mph then, I bet that got the heart pumping :lol: :wink: :lol:

Ha ha. You have a funny idea of Londoners - I expect the emmets you see are from Norfolk or somewhere like that, where they are frighted they might fall off the edge of the world if they goes too faast.

I live on a hill, on this road
2421715862_0010ed9ea4.jpg

but over the crest in the distance. There's a set of lights at the bottom, it's a wide road, steep hill, no effective speed controls, none of those bollards further down. We regularly have cars go past at 70/80+ to try and get through while they are still green.

Jake":1mcln5uz said:
I live on a hill, on this road
2421715862_0010ed9ea4.jpg

That's not London that's out in the sticks! It's even quieter than the lane I live in, there is only one car moving. :lol:

I used to cross this junction several times a week
565px-Swindon_Magic_Roundabout_eng.svg.png

Now you could really cut um up crossing that roundabout you could even cut up buses and tractors :lol:

Can't think of any daft that I'd want to own up to but I did see a young woman driver coming towards us some time ago with a child sat on the roof holding onto the roof rack!
It's true, I swear it.
Another one, a drunks female it turned out when the police nailed her, drove past my house on four tyre-less wheels!

Roy.

L.N wrote

That's not London that's out in the sticks! It's even quieter than the lane I live in, there is only one car moving.

Don't be dissin Jakes yard man dat dem ghetto NX is real badass

Regards Tom

Truer than you think, Tommo. Luckily the shooting is usually at least 1/2 mile away.

LN, that's the trouble - it's difficult to get up to 90 on the Old Kent Road, because of the other cars. Our road is a nice wide empty race-track.

Jake":33rhr3qy said:
LN, that's the trouble - it's difficult to get up to 90 on the Old Kent Road, because of the other cars. Our road is a nice wide empty race-track.

Now I know your problem.... It's Gatsos you look after them too well.

You should take a leaf out of our book and make sure they look like this
g200.jpg

Lord Nibbo":1wzap0uh said:
Jake":1wzap0uh said:

Now I know your problem.... It's Gatsos you look after them too well.

You should take a leaf out of our book and make sure they look like this
g200.jpg

ooh..I like that . We had a recent purge where most of the local ones were burnt out but now I don't know which ones work :cry:
The new ones are often the digital type and mounted higher up. I would be happy to see them if they did any good but they are always sited as revenue makers and cause accidents with people slamming the brakes on.

Regards Tom

Tom the Cornwall county council did that.
I think they found it too expensive to collect the fines and then the money went to the Government and not the council :wink:

What I found interesting Woody was the way that the councils suddenly declared that the cameras that they previously claimed were a significant aid to accident prevention were now classed as revenue raisers.
Strange that eh?

Roy.

devonwoody":2xcl535g said:
Tom the Cornwall county council did that.
I think they found it too expensive to collect the fines and then the money went to the Government and not the council :wink:

Wot burnt out all the cameras on the A2 ? :lol:

Regards Tom

For some reason I thought you were a Brummie, Tommo -I guess you'll know full well the delights and adventures my 'hood offers.

Jake":2sxi7s6m said:
For some reason I thought you were a Brummie, Tommo -I guess you'll know full well the delights and adventures my 'hood offers.

So well I reckon I could name that road in one :lol:
Its a crying shame that an area with so much fantastic property and many very decent people has to deal with scum like the "Peckham Boys" but thats life in this day and age.

Regards Tom

Digit":3a2ugav2 said:
I certainly do. I moved!

Roy.

Thought you were an Bedford via Berkshire boy Roy never took you fer a saaf Londoner

Regards Tom

My family come from Camden Town on my mother's side, Cambridgeshire for dad's lot and I was born in Bedfordshire but lived in CT when my parents split up. Not for long but long enough to cure me of city life.
To be fair, it had suffered during the Blitz but I remember it as a very depressing area.
I'm told by some that I still have a London accent even after all these years.

Roy.

Back