Minimum Atmospheric CO2 percentage for plant life!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did you mean then? The info more or less matched Gants ramblings. Perhaps not the helium balloons and the MRI scan bit.
I've already explained what I mean. Read it again maybe? I could expand but I think it would be patronising as it's pretty succinct already.

Here is something to ponder, has the total mass of water on Earth changed over time. It might have changed state from warm seas to ice but is Earth a closed system so apart from a small amount lost by astronaunts then we are actually drinking dinosaur urine. If this is the case then total amounts of Co2 and Methane may not have changed mass, they were just stored somewhere following Earths volcanic and turbulent past so it is us who has released them but without means to store them again. This means that rising sea levels are catastrophic because we live here, but it just means we could end up back in a previous period of Earths history where it was just water.

https://astronomy.com/news/2020/03/ancient-earth-may-have-been-a-water-world-without-any-dry-land
Assuming the Earth is a closed system it does not follow that the total amount of water is fixed. So too with CO2 and methane ( CH4 )
It more likely follows that the total number of individual atoms which make up these compounds remains constant.
Carbon, hydrogen and oxygen compounds can break down and reform into different compounds by a whole variety of mechanisms e.g cows eat grass and from this raw material they produce methane.

It more likely follows that the total number of individual atoms which make up these compounds remains constant.
Oh Dear...someone skipped biology, chemistry and physics..probably maths too.

It is a lot more complicated than "atoms" and "compounds" ..much more to do with energy.

There are medical grade gases, so you are correct. Oxygen is a good common example where you get the oxygen bottle for welding and there is the medical grade for respiration so filling ballons with the more expensive grade of Helium would not make sense.

When you look around at woodworking machinery there is nothing not made or assembled from parts from Asia so there is no choice. The days of buy British went with the demise of the british manufacturing industry when someone pulled the flush.

There have been several threads with regards to asian goods and quality, the reason we get a bad impression of say Chinese quality is because our machinery companies like Record and Axminster are in control of the price they wish to pay to maintain their profit margins so it is us who are wanting lower cost goods that are influencing the quality. To highlight Chinese technology, if anyone saw the news the other night where the Chinese were playing so called war games around Taiwan you must have seen that there military is on par with anyone else when it comes to technology, replace the chinese people and you would have thought it was an American war game.
I agree with you Spectric.

I don't actually have a problem with Asian manufactured goods, but I do prefer to buy goods that are made closer to home if I can. In my case, just for environmental and economic reasons.

I just don't have an appetite for suppliers who sell goods that suggest they are somethig other than what they are.

Oh Dear
My degree is in Chemistry, physics and pure maths
You might like to re-think your comment.
Provide a rational argument rather than try to denigrate the messenger - they might just be more informed than you think.
Oh Dear...someone skipped biology, chemistry and physics..probably maths too.

It is a lot more complicated than "atoms" and "compounds" ..much more to do with energy.

I was chatting carbon cycles with someone the other day and realised I was talking based on my education from 30yrs ago, got me wondering what I’d forgot and what had changed. In my research I came across the following graphic that I thought excellent.

I found the mass of carbon stored in each ‘realm’ very interesting and something I had no knowledge of. It does not include that stored in rocks, which holds 99+%of earth’s carbon. It shows the incredible role both the ocean and biomass are playing to soak up a good portion of the extra carbon entering the atmosphere. I’d not really thought that stuff would be growing faster (now how you measure that must be complicated!).

Fitz

DDAB3F04-EF53-441A-A27B-F20689977CE1.jpeg

Latest posts

Back