Harrowgate show - 3 days ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, am planning to travel over to the show in Nov from Ireland. It is on Fri, at and Sunday - is it big enough to take the 3 days ? or is it more a 1 - 1.5 day thing ?

Any thoughts from more expiercend show-goers on the Harrowgate show versus the D&M Tool Show in October ?

I am a hobbiest woodworker

There are elements of both types of woodworking at the 2 shows but the D&M show is more geared to flat woodworking where as the Harrogate is more geared to wood turning.
Personally I enjoy both shows but it depends what you want, I could easily spend a couple of days at Harrogate but I’ve been going for many years & part of a show for me is meeting up with old friends, I think a day at D&M is enough.

A day is often enough but will depend on the show, some years a day is not enough and others plenty. We do it on the Sunday as it is quieter and get there early, often once we have done the show we will visit the RHS gardens at Harlow Carr to make a good day out, as it is your first show then you will probably find you need the whole day and maybe more.

the key to these is chatting and listening in. Once you chopsing the day seems to short. just buying half a days plenty.

I've been going to Harrogate for years, usually on a Friday or Saturday, it's a couple of hours each way, I get there before opening in time to have a coffee and bacon butty and leave around 3 - 4pm. Give time to have a really good look around and go back for some purchases once I've checked everything out. Usually a few familiar faces and it can be a busy show, if you're going to watch some of the demos you probably need more time. Id say 3 days is too much but Harrogate is a really nice town so plenty of other attractions while you're there.

Back