Where did you get the friction material from?Long overdue but machine time had to borrowed and other jobs get in the way.
Template made up for the inside and outside diameters and the holes for the driving pegs
View attachment 130954
View attachment 130947
Friction material has been routed into plates, Horrid job !View attachment 130946
Brass pins turned up and fitted,
The original pins were 1/4" diameter and a slightly loose fit. I made the replacements v slightly bigger and chose a length to give me 3.5mm proud to drive the disc which is 5.5mm thick.
View attachment 130945
View attachment 130949
View attachment 130951
Of course once you start to drive the pegs in, you find that the original holes are tapered and uneven, so precise measurements end up being tweaked in situ with the dremel !
View attachment 130952
This is the inside. I decided to leave the original phenolic halo disc here as
a) it isn't too worn
b) my new clutch plates are an unknown, so until I know more I'll avoid the risk that they might abrade the cast iron of the pulley more than the original plates.
The new discs fit nicely on the outboard side
View attachment 130948
View attachment 130953
The L5 now looks more like it should.
View attachment 130950
Since the two new outboard clutch plates are much thicker than the single worn original disc, the washer that sits on the cross pin is much too small. I've reassembled without, meaning the clutch lever doesn't work, but I can start and stop the lathe motor so the lathe will work and I can use it to turn up a replacement spacer washer which will be about 8mm thick.