Handtool Secret Santa - GET IT POSTED

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Ed

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, as promised here are the rules/instructions for the handtool secret santa.

1. If you wish to participate, PM me your name and postal address (I will not disclose this to anyone other than your allocated santa)
2. Closing date for names to be with me is 31st October, which happens to be 4 weeks today
3. There is no upper or lower value limit - you should give something that you would be happy to receive yourself.
4. Gifts can be shop-made, purchased, something you already own ; whichever suits you best, provided it is handtool related. Personally I think we will get most satisfaction out of this by going with shop-made items if you can, but its by no means compulsory.
5. Once I have all the names I will allocate a Santa to each of the participants in a random draw.
6. Once the list is compiled I will PM the name and address of the person you are allocated to send a gift to, back to you.
7. You are responsible for organising (and paying for) the postage of the gift to arrive in time. I think in the interests of fairness we should assume this is UK only as a starting point, then if the need for any international santa transactions arises I'll try to find someone who is OK with the additional postage costs, but no guarantees.
8. If for whatever reason you need to drop out, let me know as soon as you can so I can try and rearrange the list
9. Er
10.That's it.

Cheers, Ed. :ho2

NB - Any questions / clarifications post them in this thread - there's bound to be something I've not thought of!

NB2 - for ideas, this is the link for the Woodnet thread, but don't be put off by the first item posted!

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthread ... art=1&vc=1

All those who voted 'yes' in the original poll; don't forget to register by PM'ing me your name and address.

Cheers, Ed.

Have you seen the value of some of the items they gave away? LN planes were changing hands! Oh to live in the land of the brave, the home of the free and the country who's economy is being brought down by copious debt, now we know why!

Aidan

It's a toughy. My first reaction to that thread was that we need a price limit. But then my idea of a gift might differ from someone elses, so how do you pitch the price limit?? I don't think anyone here is going to be buying LN planes.

I think you should give what you consider reasonable, but not be offended if your present doesn't match what you gave. It's all about the spirit of xmas (bah humbug). Good will to all men, and all that.

I really want to make something but not sure I'll find the time or skill.

I did think about value and arrived at much the same conclusion as Wizer.

The problem is that to set a specific cash value might be a barrier to some people taking part and is also difficult to quanitfy with shop made items. I nearly didn't post the link to the Woodnet one as there are clearly some items there that are way beyond what any of us would consider sending for something like this and didn't want to set the wrong expectation.

In the end, the best guidance I could come up with is to send something you would be happy to receive yourself. Although we all probably have slightly different ideas about what that would be, I'd like to think they'll all work out similar enough that everyones happy in the end.

Cheers, Ed

I'm in, if you find some santa to ship to Germany.
PM send.

Cheers Pedder

The uptake is looking really good; so far my list has 10 santas little helpers on it.

Still room for plenty more, so if you're two minds as to wether or not to do it why not throw caution to the wind and give it a go!

Ho, ho, ho

Ed

OK, you've talked me into it. Not sure what to make yet, or whether anybody would want what I can make, but I'll give it a go.

PM sent

Bob

Why not count me in, PM will follow.

Now then, time to start those threads about my love of Holtey planes :twisted:

Er.....I am thick. What is this all about? Is it an anonymous tool donation club thingy-whatsit? What is a PM and how do I send it? (Please use words of one syllable or less).

Lataxe, a dunce

Hi Lataxe

My original post contains the gist of the idea;

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... hp?t=26876

and then the more detailed rules are at the start of this thread.

PM is a private mail, which you can access by clicking in the thing at the top of the screen that probably says 'you have no new messages'

Any more questions stick them in this thread and I'll try to answer.

Cheers, Ed.

Back