Guess what

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi again, I dont suppose you could do a bit of a drawing to explain how to make it up please.

Jiroma

Jiroma":1ss7wcb7 said:
Hi again, I dont suppose you could do a bit of a drawing to explain how to make it up please.

Jiroma

I have drawn up a quick sketch of the principle idea of my mitre jig.
The small runner slides inside the tablesaw track,
The side runner was constructed to hold on to the table top and the jig is inserted from the far end so that it holds the jig down.

You need to construct a safety screen (I have used a bit of perspex) because occasionally bits can break up of the mitre piece and fly, even with the screen I improved my hairline parting yesterday.

This jig is worth making I have had perfect mitres for box carcasses ever since I have used the jig.

mitrejigsketch.jpg

Devonwoody,did you make your jig and then slide it through the saw to cut the mitre edge on the sled or did you make the sled with a 45 on the end and place it against the blade before attaching the runners.

Jiroma

The small runner I would have made first, then attached the outside runner, (blade would not have been above table at this time)

I would then have run a test run on blade angle using scrap timber, before running jig past the 45% setting.

Fences and safety shields would then have been constructed following sawn cut line created above.

(Runners hardwood, glued and screwed, others use a plastic like those bread boards. )

I'm off to usa in my hols next week and plan to buy the wixey angle guage from woodcraft. Will set up new jig when i get back using angle gauge and hopefully all will be good. Thanks for the info,,,big help.

Jiroma

Latest posts

Back