Grex 23 2" Pinner Rutlands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahomo59

Established Member
Reaction score
Rutlands have this on offer £140, anyone using one? I have the Senco pro 23 gauge, but only up to 25mm. Just wondering if the extra length is worth it

My Bostitch goes to 30mm, but sometimes the thin gauge can "divert" over a length when it hits something it doesn't like, resulting in finger piercing damage. Could imagine a 40mm being a finger lottery :)

I've always imagined the 23 G are only good for short nails ie. sub 25mm. Too easy to deflect and pop out sideways.

Top Tip: When using any nailer, hold it at 90 degrees to the edge along which you are working. If the nails bend, they should bend at 90 deg to the body of the nailer and so will go sideways and remain hidden in the wood.

No
Nailer no.jpg

Yes
nailer yes.jpg

Attachments

• Nailer no.jpg
    Nailer no.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 222
  • nailer yes.jpg
    nailer yes.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 222
I wouldn't think worth it. I have a Porter Cable 23 gauge that fires up to 25mm and have never needed more.

Generally its just trim and beading that doesn't need much length.

Graham Orm":fjhj7xp0 said:
I've always imagined the 23 G are only good for short nails ie. sub 25mm. Too easy to deflect and pop out sideways.

Top Tip: When using any nailer, hold it at 90 degrees to the edge along which you are working. If the nails bend, they should bend at 90 deg to the body of the nailer and so will go sideways and remain hidden in the wood.

No

Yes

From those photos I cannot quite define what is different with the "wrong" one. Unless he's actually trying to fire it at an angle or something?!

Wuffles":1vtsxvya said:
From those photos I cannot quite define what is different with the "wrong" one. Unless he's actually trying to fire it at an angle or something?!

In photo 1 (the guy with the hat): If the nail bends it will go to his left or right, not up or down, so if he turns the nailer on it's side so that it's 90 deg to the wood rather than in line with it, when the nail bends it will go up or down and remain in the wood rather than appearing out of the side.

The yellow nailer is positioned at 90 deg to the bead so the nail will bend left or right rather than up or down.

The orientations are reversed in the photos, it would have probably been clearer if the work pieces were both running the same direction in both pictures.

Great folks. I'll pas, save my money for my new Bessey clamp addiction. Must get round to posting my Dakota parallel clamps in the for sale.

Latest posts

Back