Grabbo vacuum lifter.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maybug

Reaction score
Hi everyone, has anyone been using the Grabbo for moving sheet material around and/or worktops (both laminated and solid wood)? Got a kitchen installation coming up in a fourth floor flat without use of a lift and I’m wondering whether they’ll help getting the worktops up the stairs. And if I’m spending that money if they’ll then be useful around the workshop and job sites. Thanks.

The last kitchen I fitted was from wren and they carried everything upstairs to a first floor flat including the pre assembled cabinets and appliances etc . The only thing they left downstairs at my request was the worktops so I could cut them to size for easier storage. I’d definitely check they will bring everything upstairs as you don’t want it dumped at kirbside so give them a call and explain the fact that there’s no lift . They usually have at least 2 delivery people. As for the grabo,s I’ve never used them and at £550. For 2 I’d probably stick to the heavy duty manual type suction lifters as used by glazing firms etc . I know the laminated panels are heavy if you’re on your own but with 2 people they are usually not to difficult to handle. Also I’m not sure how effective these are on porous surfaces. Interesting to hear what other people think about them ..

Stopped fitting Wren kitchens, had 3 in a row missing essential elements that took weeks to be resolved! I fit mostly from Howdens these days but their delivery is usually a man and van who only helps to unload off the van itself. Benchmarx are pretty good on delivery, had one kitchen carried up 7 floors once by them.
I liked the look of the Grabbos for various other jobs too.

Pal of mine has one, say's its the muts nuts, he shifts all sorts with it (builder)

kitchen installation coming up in a fourth floor flat without use of a lift
Had one to do in London on the 4th floor hired this for a morning:

crane.jpg
Made life easy, but not cheap.

Stopped fitting Wren kitchens, had 3 in a row missing essential elements that took weeks to be resolved! I fit mostly from Howdens these days but their delivery is usually a man and van who only helps to unload off the van itself. Benchmarx are pretty good on delivery, had one kitchen carried up 7 floors once by them.
I liked the look of the Grabbos for various other jobs too.
Yes it can be a bit of a battle with missing items and arranging replacements, i had another customers components in with the kitchen I had delivered and wren didn’t want to collect them - as it was local to me I took them to the other customer who turned out to have some of the missing items for the kitchen I was fitting..

I had one for a day. Returned due to it not being able to pick up plywood! Was great on laminated worktop but couldn’t achieve the suction on ply. Called support line and they said it is like that on “some plywood”. I wouldn’t say it was the worst ply I have ever seen. I was very disappointed when you see people like Izzy Swan saying it is a game changer when it can’t pick up plywood…..

Hmm not good about plywood! How’s it supposed to pick up stone and riven flooring if it can’t do plywood?

Back