GOT a sedgwick PT 255×180 Planer Thicknesser now!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
miles_hot":39ocubid said:
Rob H":39ocubid said:
Jammy pipper!!

Cheers

Aled

Thats what I was thinking as I was reading all the comments that keep coming up about the sedgwick but as the bloke a D B said the factory is still up and running and just down the road from his shop so parts for even there old machines are not that hard to get. And I like this bit on there site too!!

The entire suite is built on site, with castings, fabrications and electrical components being sourced wherever possible from leading British manufacturers, to ensure trouble free operation and continuity of supply.

Can you say where you're getting it from? Do they have a regular line of Sed or do you think this is a one off?

Miles
Sounds like he is getting it from here- http://www.dbkeighley.co.uk/

I use them a lot as they are local to me. They are a very good firm (very old fashioned and working out of an ancient knackered building) but are very competative on price and there reconditioned stuff is excellent. As a testament to them- they have been around for a very long time.

Old fashioned is spot on! They don't even do card payments but are very good to deal with and they are worth a visit just to see what they have in that old building!!

I have the older green one 12 x 9 and it still runs like a dream! Very simple to set up and adjust and very heavy! If you get on you won't regret it.

Rob H":24e9xfel said:
Old fashioned is spot on! They don't even do card payments but are very good to deal with and they are worth a visit just to see what they have in that old building!!
Sorry i have just seen you had already linked to Keighley's above. I never got off the first page :oops:

Yes it's a great spot- i forgot they don't take cards, thats always a bit of a PITA but he's happy to take a cheque.

yes mattty I phoned him this aft to let him know I was going for it in the morning and he is quite happy for me to pay by cheque on the day! most people wont let stuff leave till the cheques have cleared I told him I can pay cash but no cheque is fine! cheque it is then!

Went and got the sedgwick yesterday!! what a beast!! It took 3 of us to lift it into the workshop and that was a tow for quite a small machine!! What the big ones must be like I dread to think!! I have only had the compulsary play with it and just made some mess! but it works a treat and the fence is rock solid!!

This is the beast!!!

fea73ac7.jpg

66bddbab.jpg

eed84b4f.jpg

no we did not lift it with the tables you can see the 2 4x2"s in the photo we used. we put them under the tables and lifted it with them. 2 mates at one end and me at the other!

Chems":2gfa6fiy said:
Rob H":2gfa6fiy said:
we put them under the tables and lifted it with them.

Hehe I think that still counts as lifting it by the tables.

I think (and hope) he mean he put them through the planer and wound up the thicknessing table so they are butted up to the feed rollers.

Thats what i did to get mine of a pallet, i lifted one end onto a saw horse, then lifted the other end like a wheel barrow and my dad pulled the pallet out from under it.

simples

JHB

I think (and hope) he mean he put them through the planer and wound up the thicknessing table so they are butted up to the feed rollers.

Thats what i did to get mine of a pallet, i lifted one end onto a saw horse, then lifted the other end like a wheel barrow and my dad pulled the pallet out from under it.

simples

JHB

yep thats just how we did it but we lifted it out of the van and carried it to the w/shop

Rob H":pgg4bh9c said:

simples

JHB

yep thats just how we did it but we lifted it out of the van and carried it to the w/shop

I might have to walk mine over to my new 'shop in the summer, should be fun....

if you get round to making a dust hood for it, post some pictures, i could do with making on :lol:

JHB

Hi rob just wanted to know how you are getting on with your sedgwick planer thicknesser as i am considering getting one second hand, Could you tell me how muh you paid for your one and how old it is. Ashley

Back