Google earth street view

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please help trying to get to Google earth street view proper, using google search I get everything but the proper Google street view.
As something changed these days?

Hi,
Mine seems to work as usual.
Earth view of our street and then pressed the little man in the bottom left hand corner of the view.
John

Thanks, I still do not seem to get to Earth using google search, just loads of others trying to get their map version up on my screen!
Anyone got a direct link to get there please.

When I stick in a postcode in the internet search bar it defaults to google. Change your default search engine to google and it should do this for you also.

Should have added, the first item in the list is a map of the location of the postcode. Tap this and you are taken to google maps

Marineboy":2xi4kdyf said:
When I stick in a postcode in the internet search bar it defaults to google. Change your default search engine to google and it should do this for you also.

I used Chrome and typed in my post code and I got all the rubbish and not Google earth or street view. I think something about earth as changed. I have come across other issues wanting Earth lately.

I don’t use google earth but google maps. I always thought street view was a function only of google maps and not earth, so I’ve just downloaded earth to have a look. Interestingly, yes it does have street view but the images of my street are at least 9 or 10 years old, compared with those on google maps which are no more than 6 months old. I know because of the appearance of my front gate.

Thanks for support, I used my App Store and downloaded google maps and got a workable version of my location but mine was 10 years ago , but at least it had satellite view and it’s on my iPad.

Not looked at street view for our street for a while.
Just done it.
I can see my three doors up neighbough walking his dog, both his and the dog's face are pixelated 8)

devonwoody":1sw9ey6b said:
Can anyone please help trying to get to Google earth street view proper, using google search I get everything but the proper Google street view.
As something changed these days?

Your road shows up fine on street view John.
Sent you a link via PM.

Back