Google DIY Web Pages

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn it - how'd that picture get there??

Martin, Alf is right as usual - mind you that is what the words next to the picture say! This is a pair of traditional English mitre planes by Bill Carter in a left hand and a right hand skew - saves that tiresome business of making a ramped shooting board :wink: . The mouth on each plane measures at about 1 thou'. The infill is boxwood.

Chris nice planes.

However Google Pages does not yet work on Safari. If Google Earth is anything to go by I would expect Google Pages to be Safari enabled in a few months time.

Andy

Thanks Philly - I suppose I have been a bit quiet recently..

Andy, sorry about the lack of Safari support - is it time to get Boot Camp and a copy of XP?

Chris, No Way!

The simple solution would be to install Firefox on the Mac.

With the recent discussion on buying a Mac I thought the Google Pages scenario was worth a mention. One could say that this is typical of the type of frustrations of Mac ownership - not insurmountable, (after all the number of Firefox users is increasing rapidly) but this type of availability of new services might be irksome for the impatient.

Andy[/quote]

Dave,
Google use a common account system, so my gmail account works for the web pages and all the other personailsed services too. As far as I know and I could be wrong, the web pages should work for a Google Mail account which is what gmail started to be called in the UK. I got my gmail account before they had to change the name in the uk owing to some court case over tradmarks (another company already had used the gmail name).

If you want to sign up for a google mail account, PM me your email address and I will send you the necessary invitation.

This is a test post for pictures on google.
Dscn4185s-small.jpg

This is Iona at Christmas with her Polar Bear. :D (click picture for a larger view)

This picture is hosted on Google web pages, the resize is done by the site. 8)

Latest posts

Back