Quantcast

goodbye vista

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Its been a long time coming, but today due to multiple issues I have finally retired my 12 year old laptop running vista, and entered the brave new world of win 10 on a 4 year old laptop that originally had win 8.
Pray for me as I navigate these strange waters, and lets hope I dont have a coronary trying to make it do what I want it to do.

So far, my main problem is making the fonts bigger. Got that sorted on the main page, but on here, its small enough that I have to lean over the keyboard to read stuff. #-o

worn thumbs

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know what browser you use and my computer is running Linux so this might not work for you-it works for me though.Press the CTRL key and use the scroll wheel on the mouse to enlarge or reduce the size of the text.

ScaredyCat

Established Member
Reaction score
You're in for a (terrible) surprise with new versions of windows.

Enjoy Candy Crush Saga.

Irish Rover

Established Member
Reaction score
You will wonder why you persevered with Vista for so long. It’s a dog of an OS

Win10 is an excellent OS

Enjoy your Brave New World...

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
I dont play games on this machine, its purely for internet surfing.
Although I would like to get spider solitaire on it (not the online gaming rubbish)

Anyone know how to get rid of an annoying box every time i start up, saying that one drive isnt synced. Thats because i dont have and dont want a one drive, but try telling that to a computer.

ScaredyCat

Established Member
Reaction score
sunnybob":35ae8lzg said:
I dont play games on this machine, its purely for internet surfing.
Although I would like to get spider solitaire on it (not the online gaming rubbish)
Oh you don't need to worry about installing the games, Microsoft will automatically install them for you - without asking.

Have a look at :

https://pixelprivacy.com/resources/windows-privacy-settings/

there are others too..

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
I always go through all the screens when I get a computer, and turn off everything I possibly can.
I dont use "assistants" at all.

For my very limited usage, I'm as safe as can practically be accomplished, thanks.