goodbye vista

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Its been a long time coming, but today due to multiple issues I have finally retired my 12 year old laptop running vista, and entered the brave new world of win 10 on a 4 year old laptop that originally had win 8.
Pray for me as I navigate these strange waters, and lets hope I dont have a coronary trying to make it do what I want it to do.

So far, my main problem is making the fonts bigger. Got that sorted on the main page, but on here, its small enough that I have to lean over the keyboard to read stuff. #-o

I don't know what browser you use and my computer is running Linux so this might not work for you-it works for me though.Press the CTRL key and use the scroll wheel on the mouse to enlarge or reduce the size of the text.

You're in for a (terrible) surprise with new versions of windows.

Enjoy Candy Crush Saga.

You will wonder why you persevered with Vista for so long. It’s a dog of an OS

Win10 is an excellent OS

Enjoy your Brave New World...

I dont play games on this machine, its purely for internet surfing.
Although I would like to get spider solitaire on it (not the online gaming rubbish)

Anyone know how to get rid of an annoying box every time i start up, saying that one drive isnt synced. Thats because i dont have and dont want a one drive, but try telling that to a computer.

sunnybob":35ae8lzg said:
I dont play games on this machine, its purely for internet surfing.
Although I would like to get spider solitaire on it (not the online gaming rubbish)

Oh you don't need to worry about installing the games, Microsoft will automatically install them for you - without asking.

Have a look at :

https://pixelprivacy.com/resources/windows-privacy-settings/

there are others too..

I always go through all the screens when I get a computer, and turn off everything I possibly can.
I dont use "assistants" at all.

For my very limited usage, I'm as safe as can practically be accomplished, thanks.

Latest posts

Back