Goodbye all!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanajb

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
If you cannot have an off topic discussion regarding politics, without someone asking for it to be removed, then pineapple it. This is not a forum I want to be part of.

Moderator - please delete my account

If you cannot have an off topic discussion regarding politics, without someone asking for it to be removed, then pineapple it. This is not a forum I want to be part of.

Bye then.

Nearly 16,000 members so you are always going to get people who disagree with anything you say.

Mods ball, mods rules and at the end of the day this is supposed to be a woodworking forum.

flanajb":3hrwlull said:

Grow up, you know the rules, and they are the same as many forums, no politics, and for good reason :roll:

Cheers, Paul

Well, why not also have a heavy weather section like an Aussie windsurfing site I use. When you click to view, you are presented with a message informing you of the content. If you don'y like what you read, then you don't visit. I have been a member on this site for many years, and I find the site fantastic, but deleting political based topics does seem rather strange. Some of us enjoy political debate!

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Gene ... y-Weather/

flanajb":fqjdd6ff said:
Well, why not also have a heavy weather section like an Aussie windsurfing site I use. When you click to view, you are presented with a message informing you of the content. If you don'y like what you read, then you don't visit. I have been a member on this site for many years, and I find the site fantastic, but deleting political based topics does seem rather strange. Some of us enjoy political debate!

back again so soon?

marcros":iqajkzmp said:
flanajb":iqajkzmp said:

back again so soon?
Egg slightly on face! Until I just read the off topic guidelines, I was unaware political conversation was banned.

Mod - Please don't delete account #-o

If you want to have a really robust exchange of views, just start a new post on sharpening. It doesn't even have to be controversial!

With flip-flopping like that - 45 mins between going for ever to returning - you should be a b..... politician, but not on this forum.

Brian

Glad you are still aboard fb!
That heavy weather idea is good I'm all for it.
We could have robust discussions and just have a mod delete anything too abusive.
I think we need more political debate - perhaps even more so on a non political forum for the general public such as this one.

I must admit I don't see the fuss - if a thread worries you that much don't read it. As someone pointed out - the best possible outcome if you argue with an unknown silly person on line is that you win an argument with an unknown silly person on line. :)

I' m all for debate, political or otherwise. Life can get a bit insular and boring if all you ever talk about is woodwork related. The general forum should be just that - general. Like being in the pub. Of course, offensive posts should be removed, but only really offensive or illegal, not just because you don't like what is said. There's nothing wrong with offending people's sensibilities. Je suis Charlie!

Political discussions on here can only lead to one thing. Fall outs between members who otherwise would get along fine. It's a woodworking forum. I'm pretty certain there are political forums out there...................unless you want to argue with someone in particular on here?

Religion and Politics best avoided for the long term harmony I reckon. there's PLENTY of alternative topics to woodworking.

No............this isn't the right room for an argument.

Grayorm":1jm68pvi said:
Political discussions on here can only lead to one thing. Fall outs between members who otherwise would get along fine. It's a woodworking forum. I'm pretty certain there are political forums out there...................unless you want to argue with someone in particular on here?

Religion and Politics best avoided for the long term harmony I reckon. there's PLENTY of alternative topics to woodworking.

Agreed in all regards.

BugBear

bugbear":3g0ym4tx said:
Grayorm":3g0ym4tx said:

Agreed in all regards.

BugBear

Disagreed in all regards.

With the election coming up and the prize up for grabs there couldn't be a better time for political debate. It is a General Chat section.

Anyway, it'd be far more interesting than "Any recommendations for a new torch?"

flanajb":3s3734x2 said:
Egg slightly on face! Until I just read the off topic guidelines, I was unaware political conversation was banned.

Mod - Please don't delete account #-o

Takes a good man to do that.

99.00% of threads are left intact here. Most members have the common sense and decency to discuss or argue a topic with no interference from us lot. Unfortunately there is always one living brain donor who spoils things for the rest by posting something provocative or simply stirring.

Speaking of torches : ) would thoroughly recommend one of these as a work light and handy for handheld too:
http://www.eterna-lighting.co.uk/produc ... t=LEDRCF10
'Bout £20 from local lecky wholesaler. Bright and charge lasts ages.

Back