glad this is gone...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shim20

Established Member
Reaction score
i dont post on here much, dont get time really, but thought some people might be intrested in this what ive just made taken 150 hours plus, was all done by hand, i didnt desing it but had alot of input into it, i would also like people honest comments on this as im 22 and would like to hear how people think im getting on ?? many thanks ben

mahogany-satinwoodlyn005.jpg

mahogany-satinwoodlyn009.jpg

mahogany-satinwoodlyn007.jpg

wow, impressive. not my taste but, well put together.

that would take me longer than 150 hours!

well done

jeff

Nice piece - why hand tools?

It's an interesting comparison with, say, the MDF Mangling which Brad did recently (160 hours with machines).

Cheers

Karl

Doctor":1jdnf5ox said:
Looks good, but at 150hrs that needs a big hefty price tag on it to make money.

yes 3k :shock: , not to my taste ither, but was something diffrent, thanks for all the comments

That's superb - and someone has to make the antiques of tomorrow.

Karl":2fg44nyj said:
Nice piece - why hand tools?

It's an interesting comparison with, say, the MDF Mangling which Brad did recently (160 hours with machines).

Cheers

Karl

why handtools?, well mostly because my boss likes to keep the knowledge alive and love using them were i can because its more of a chalange and less and less people know how to do it. and not everything can be done by machine.

Ah, sorry Shim. I thought it was one of your own pieces.

Good of your boss to back the hand tool ethos 8)

Cheers

Karl

I don't think the top matches the table/drawers, and the legs look too dumpy - all to my eye.
But the workmanship looks very impressive.

maybe the angle the pic is took, the legs are quite delicate but dont look it, took alot of mock up to get it right to what we thought, yer i know whay you mean about the top bit but she wanted that, customers always right and all that :lol:

shim20":32euvmo5 said:
Doctor":32euvmo5 said:
Looks good, but at 150hrs that needs a big hefty price tag on it to make money.

yes 3k :shock: , not to my taste ither, but was something diffrent, thanks for all the comments

Way under priced for the hours involved.

Repro furniture is so hard to make a good living

Back