Get woodworking 2010

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooo every time I passed Mick on Saturday he had a little crowd around him and I thought I'd pop back when he was quiet but alas I never did. Now I know why he was so busy! Do we know how much the special 5 1/2 was/is? That's just the plane I wanted next! ;)

Simon, how did you an Sarah find the show? Any goodies? ;)

wizer":2728fyc8 said:
ooo every time I passed Mick on Saturday he had a little crowd around him and I thought I'd pop back when he was quiet but alas I never did. Now I know why he was so busy! Do we know how much the special 5 1/2 was/is? That's just the plane I wanted next! ;)

Hi Tom,

The limited edition planes will be slightly more expensive than the standard ones. Mike wasn't able to give an exact price because he does not yet know exactly what the Walnut is going to cost. Should have a better idea by the time of the Yandles show.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

wizer":msfxd1jr said:
Simon, how did you an Sarah find the show? Any goodies? ;)

We came away with only a gift for Simon's mum (those aluminium secateurs) and a very long shopping list - mostly green and grey. Very impressed with the new jigsaw coming out.

Little Oryx 2 particularly liked the cordless drills and has learnt some good speed control, though hysterical laughter at top speed may not be that safe. :shock:

haha sounds like you had fun. I wish my wife and daughter would be up for things like this. Alas, no chance. :roll: :wink:

Hi all

Good to see so many of you went and had fun! I had a very brief visit on Saturday due to a heavy weekend of family activities elsewhere, so myself and my father-in-law quickly raced round. I was on a mission for a table saw and so stayed focused on the relevant stands, however, I was a bit disappointed there weren't more machinery stands. Fortunately I was fairly decided before I went in, in that the Scheppach seemed to be the fave during the research stage! Hence I gravitated towards NMA! Now my funds have taken a large dent but hopefully for a good reason, the TS4020 is soon to arrive... now I need to make a space for it!

This is the final large piece of the jigsaw and is long awaited, I'm hoping it will enable me to progress projects at a much faster rate now, and with added accuracy straight from the blade.

The show seemed small overall, but I haven't been for quite a few years so I have a bad memory of what it was like previously. Just wish I could have spent a bit more time looking at hand planes. I did stop and watch Philly for a bit, but my impatient F-I-L decided to leap up and crack on before Philly had finished, so sorry Philly, maybe next time I will say hello! I did enjoy watching the workbench dance around the floor! :D

Anyway, thanks to those of you who helped previously with my questions related to table saws, seems the SIP didn't tempt me, but I am happy with what I chose.

cheers
HM

More than likely this has been asked before, but I have been out of woodworking for a few years due to many reasons and have been recently getting back up to speed, hence my recent posts, but what has happened to the Axminster shows? Have they gone for good? I notice they are not in the list of shows on this forum.

cheers
HM

Axi stopped their big shows some years ago stating dwindling attendance. Recently they have started to do things like The Rycotewood 'Talking Tools' show which was basically a direct copy of what Classic Hand Tools had done (better) at West Dean 2yrs previous. They also held a Turning conference called Strictly Turning, which seemed to be a big success. They are also holding a lot of smaller intimate demos at their shops. I think what they are doing is probably wise. What we need are fewer but bigger shows which are placed around the country so enough people have a chance to attend. I personally hope that Ally Pally continues to grow into the country's biggest and best. If they try to do too many shows then the quality becomes diluted.

Thanks Wizer. That explains that then, I am very surprised they have stopped as I used to enjoy their shows the best, and I have been to a few. Oh well, as you say let's hope Ally Pally expands...

Back