Garage Floor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexam

Bandsaw Boxmaker
Reaction score
I have a double garage and some years ago it was painted. There are a few patches now where a thin section of 'skimming' has come loose and broken up near the garage doors and in some central areas down to the bare concrete. It's only about 1mm/+- thick, but if not checked, I will end up with an uneaven floor and damp would more esaily penetrate.

Does anyone know what this surface 'skimming' is and can I get some in small qualtities to patch up and then paint over again and are there some better than others.

Wickes sell a version of floor leveler at £10. odd , A 25 kg bag covers 3.8 mtrs square @ 3mm.
It does wear well and best mixed carefully with a drill/mixer, as I recall, don't knock in too much air with fast mixing.
There's loads of how to stuff on u tube.
Regards Rodders

I'm not surprised it has broken up. Self levelling compound should really be at least 6mm thick to prevent cracking and break up.

If it's of any interest, I use a resin that can be dyed to pretty much any colour you like. It's a one hit product that levels and finishes. All you ever need to do is polish it. I'll dig out the details if you like?

MMUK":2hjm1daq said:
If it's of any interest, I use a resin that can be dyed to pretty much any colour you like. It's a one hit product that levels and finishes. All you ever need to do is polish it. I'll dig out the details if you like?

It is definitely of interest here :)

Please PM if you don't want to post it publicly...

Cheers,

E.

(similar problems, but I've been putting off dealing with it.

That could be very useful Steve if the thin layer will break up. I just need to skim the small patches and then paint the floor again to keep it tidy, so the colour does not really matter as I will be using grey garage floor paint.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back