Garage, erm, Workshop (!) Project No. 1

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mailman14

Established Member
Reaction score
This is what I did yesterday:-

WhatIdid.jpg

BUT, this is what I created in the process :roll: :shock: :-

mess1.jpg

And t'other end...
mess2.jpg

Which is probably why I'm in agony again today.. :roll: :oops:

Cheers Mick :lol:

I wouldn't have said it was clear before the event, it's just that I got those 6 chisels, and only one with a protective guard, I had nowhere to put them out of kiddies reach :roll: . I had enough of a laugh with the hose...

Don't fancy seeing young blood... :sick:

It'll get filled with stuff - any suggestions on where to place stuff? Anyone?

I know I should keep the most used stuff nearest the bench, but then...?

Don't worry, we've all been there at some point! :D

How big is your workshop? Get everything you can up on the walls. If you have a roof space, use it! Otherwise, you'll be forever tripping while trying to work.

I am in the process of making wall mounted cabinets for all my tools (and just making a mess like yours :D). They help keep the tools dust free, and you can mount stuff on the inside of the doors too, basically doubling the space for hanging stuff. You have to attach everything firmly to the doors though to stop them swinging off as you open and close the doors...

That tidy compared to mine, its like a game of tetris everytime I move something around!
Chris.

I ought tobe like my neighbour he has a tidy workshop and comes and uses mine, I think his misses objects to sawdust around her place.

Cheers guys, grinning at the responses today.

OPJ - it's about 16' x 9'6" (ish), roof space is angled for pitched roof, so using what I can where I can get to it. Cheers for the suggestion though.

Skyechem - thinking about it - I could put doors on the shelving units I suppose? Hmmm, cheers!

Chrisp - I have the same prob, move it, make sure its sharp bits are covered, not cutting anything...

Moose - Yours looks like that now or did? This is what I've had put aside for a while... MOST of it came out of boxes till I moved the T&G / Large lumps in. I tidied up, and couldn't find anything... NOW I've got to move the stuff up on the wall(s) and see what's left. :roll:

Devonwoody - my missus is used to it - even my kids go in the house shedding sawdust (think their brains are leaking)...

Back