Funny Name....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to know a bloke called Claude Nobb. Used to work in the circus as a lion tamer.
Well, no, not really, but it always makes me larf! :lol:

Andy

I can't believe I forgot this one - I shared a house with a guy called Paul Christmas when i moved to London. He used to call his dad 'Father' but his uncle Terry married a girl called Mary Day. They had a Christmas / Day wedding and she obviously became Mary Christmas. Really - I swear thats not made up.

Cheers

Tim

I once worked with a guy named Richard Tickle. :lol:

There was....as I'm lead to believe.....many years ago....a Chinese fish & chip shop in Malden/Essex called 'Balls'...Fish & Chips'....
The chinese owner was so happy when he finally got his British citizenship that he gave his new born baby girl a classic upper class British name.....Ophelia... :D :D

Listening to "From our own correspondent" a few weeks ago, the guy was reporting from somewhere in, I guess, China, where the local restaurant was called "Soon Fat". It means something to do with Good Luck, apparently. Wouldn't go down well over here though!

I had a friend at school called Kimberley Clark. Since all the toilets in the school were made by a company of the same name, the poor lad never heard the end of it.

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase 'toilet humour'

The local Baptist Lay Preacher when I was a kid was Walter Leek. (truely!)

I used to know a Whalley Tuttlebee, and a Roger Popplestone, both in a church i went to. We had a game at a housegroup meeting once to see how many words you could make out of their names!

Going back to the OP, anyone in Southampton remember the Dr Death (pronouced and spelt De'Ath) who was at one of the practises in Shirley mid 1970's?

Woody

A Glasgow company which supplies porta-potties (among other things), is owned by one Owen Pugh.:)

A friend once told me his family doctor was named Harold Dick (and he went by the name Harry). :shock: :roll:

SWMBO's maiden name is Reid. So we had the Reid and Wright wedding. :wink:

Brad

Some of my veterinary friends tell of a colleague who's parents, Mr. & Mrs. Cock, saw fit to call their son Everard. Poor chap had absolutely no sense of humour about it...well you wouldn't after a lifetime of sniggering would you.

tim":1uknqjek said:
I can't believe I forgot this one - I shared a house with a guy called Paul Christmas when i moved to London. He used to call his dad 'Father' but his uncle Terry married a girl called Mary Day. They had a Christmas / Day wedding and she obviously became Mary Christmas. Really - I swear thats not made up.

Cheers

Tim

A Mary Christmas used to run a pub near here...

There used to be a story in the West Country of a man called Mr Bottom. Through the processes of Nominative Determinism he became a Shakespearian actor. He named his first daughter after his favourite Shakespeare character.

Ophelia.

I didn't believe it either, but I met someone who claimed to have processed her social security payments.

when i was in infant school there was a boy called ivor shedd, 3 months later the family emmigrated.

I was at college with a guy called Dick Balls. Seriously!

They used to say he had a sister called Ophelia but I fear this was just wishful thinking.

My woodwork teacher was called Mr. Bate.
nick name was obviously Master

My Dad ( a chippy) suggested an alternative "re" but we did not get it!

I always wanted to teach a kid called Hiscock, so that I could ask "Why is Hiscock standing around like that?", or "Why has Hiscock gone a funny colour", or even "Stand up when I'm talking to you, Hiscock".

I'll get my coat...

Latest posts

Back