Funeral urns

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braveheart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I would be very grateful if any of our members could offer information as to where I can purchase the threaded brass inserts that can be used when making an adult funeral.
Many thanks.

Afternoon braveheart,
I was looking at the latest copy of Woodturning and found an advert for brass threaded rings (Threaded Rings for Vessels Archives - Stainless Bottle Stoppers) that might be what you're looking for. They seem to have 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3 inch versions available in the USA that might help in your quest .
I've not tried them myself, so have no idea if they are any good or whether the cost of shipping to the UK would be prohibitive.

Hope you find an answer

One of the members of our wood turning club makes the urns he sells to fill from the bottom. A plywood disc screwed over the recessed hole with four screws seals it in place. Felt could be glued over it if they want to hide it. Easier to make the plywood fit a hole than to get a good fit using two pieces of hardware that you have to glue in place. Once in the departed is in the urn they are hopefully not getting out often.

Pete

I've just seen some on Etsy. The largest is 2 3/4" and has an eye watering price of £47.22.
Probably cheaper than importing it from the USA.

Back