Metal disc tokens

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shedman

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone might be able to help me here. I’m looking to buy some metal makers discs to insert into turned items. I have searched high and low, but can’t seem to find what I am looking for. I’m sure someone out there uses them and would be grateful if you can share where to buy.

Many thanks in advance

I wonder if anyone might be able to help me here. I’m looking to buy some metal makers discs to insert into turned items. I have searched high and low, but can’t seem to find what I am looking for. I’m sure someone out there uses them and would be grateful if you can share where to buy.

Many thanks in advance
Another place to look is Etsy - search for “metal makers disc”.

You have several options.
Blank disks are easy to get from various suppliers on the internet, aluminium, brass, steel etc.
You could have a personalised stamp made up though that's likely to cost the best part of £100 or cheap individual letter stamps. Or you could engrave the disks with a dremel, or could buy a laser and do it yourself, or find someone to do it for you.
It is possible to etch metal yourself do a search on youtube as there is more than one method.

You may be able to order personalised somewhere if you keep searching but likely to be large quantity and not cheap

Many turners use a coin, old pennies etc. look good when cleaned up.

EDIT
I very quick google turned up this stamp maker, I'm sure there will be others if you search.
https://hamiltonrand.co.uk/products/custom-steel-stamps?variant=43078553174190

Last edited:
Back