Funding for training in France

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregShelton

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am a trainee Cabinet Maker. I have spent some time studying at Newark College in Nottinghamshire, though this year I chose to take a year out to try and establish my own workshop and get work. It has been hit and miss and I have decided I would like to go back into training.
There is one more year to go at Newark but unfortunately funding has been cut and they have had to increase their fees four-fold. I have always been aware of the great colleges in France and if I am going to pay a lot of money to train, I would like to train there. My girlfriend is French and wants to go back and I am quickly improving my language, so accommodation and the language barrier needn't be a problem but unless I can find a way to be eligible for financial assistance, I cannot alone manage the course fees which average at about €10,000 which I guess is about £8,000.
I intend to work really hard and come out ready to make great furniture and payback what is invested in me. I don't expect to find anyone to pay the whole fees for me but does anyone know of any charitable groups, trade preservation groups of benefactors who would be willing to help me?

Thanks,

Greg Shelton.

If you want to train in France rather than the UK then you might have a better chance of funding your training through a French based charitable fund.

Thanks, I am doing my research on these areas now. Both options are good shouts, I will follow them up.

Good luck Greg, I admire your determination and willingness to travel to pursue your ambition.

Back