• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Fun with new hobby

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Bemused

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought to share some fun I have had with my new hobby making christmas presents

Tony

Bemused

Established Member
Reaction score
chrisbaker42":1r19da8p said:
Well done, apart from the pens it looks very much like my collection which has now thankfully all been posted.

Yes it is good to have it all done,

Get back to turning stuff that I like now :D :D :D

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
very nice, going to be some happy recipients i suspect.
is that them iridescent paints on the small bowls in the foreground or are they inlaid with something?

Bemused

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Nev, yes they are iridescent paints that I blagged from Mick Hanbury at the York show, been having a little fun with them. I also have had a lark with gold leaf and some small sparkley bits of leaf that I had from Niel, I think its Niel? the fun pryo and coloring guy when hem came to demonstrate at our club but they went before I took photos.

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
Some nice gifts you have made

Well done :deer :ho2 :deer

chrisbaker42

Established Member
Reaction score
You are so right about getting back to what you like turning. This is the first Christmas I have made presents for almost everyone and I doubt if I will do the same again. As it is a hobby only for me I like to put a piece of wood on the lathe and see what happens - often not what I first thought.

On the other hand I think there will be a lot of pleased recipients.

Bemused

Established Member
Reaction score
chrisbaker42":1lymmy39 said:
You are so right about getting back to what you like turning. This is the first Christmas I have made presents for almost everyone and I doubt if I will do the same again. As it is a hobby only for me I like to put a piece of wood on the lathe and see what happens - often not what I first thought.

On the other hand I think there will be a lot of pleased recipients.
Too true

Bemused

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Gareth, small world this internet :D
Been reading posts for some six months since I had the lathe, expect your mainly in the cleaver room here :lol: