Full professional workshop FOR SALE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutting Crew

Established Member
Reaction score
I have for sale the contents of my well equipped, professional woodturning workshop, this due to continued ill-health and pending retirement.

I have a wide range of high quality tools available, mainly for deep hollowing but also lots of normal woodturning tools as well. These include such names as Kelton, Lyle Jamieson, Pro-Forme and many others. There is also a number of high speed air turbine driven dental drills and bits for piercing, genuine Iwata airbrushes, spray guns, paints and air pressure control units along with a high powered air compressor suitable for driving the turbine drills and spray equipment.

Chucks by Axminster, One-Way and Vicmark. Slow speed Cruesen woodturner’s grinder with pink wheels and spare white wheels, Elektra Beckum BAS bandsaw.

There is a stock of rippled maple, olive ash and walnut platter blanks in 16”, 18” and 20” large diameters along with 3” and 4” square spindle blanks. Other turning blanks are available as well.

Anyone interested should contact me on [email protected] for further details, I’ll help all I can.

Cheers....Mike

Mike Swain RPT

Mike , Very sorry to here the news regarding your ill health :(

I hope all goes well for you in the future

Your work evolved to another level , stunning ,truly superb

All the best

Allen

Hi Mike, sorry to see that anno dominie has finally made its mark on the health front, so sad when your level of achievement has to come to an abrupt end.

Wish you the best on the health front.

I'd just like to thank everyone for the kind emails I've been sent.

The health problems I can live with so to speak but losing the woodturning is something else. It was more than a job to me, it was my hobby as well. Although it was difficult at times, I can honestly say I enjoyed it all.

Enjoy your turning.

Cheers
Mike

Hi There Mike ...
just spent a few very enjoyable minutes admiring your fantastic work on your web page.
Some truly gorgeous pieces there... such a pity that you are having to give up something which has obviously been a huge part of life.
The work there is an outstanding legacy to leave to the world to be enjoyed and admired for many many years to come.... something very special.
May I wish you and long and happy retirement and a 'thank you' for creating such fine work which is a huge inspiration to someone just starting out in learning the skills and craft - something to aspire to, for certain, and no doubt to many an accomplished turner besides.

All the best Sir,
Take care...

Alun

Hiya, Mike, so sorry to hear of your retirment, that usually means you have more time for your favorite hobby. Perhaps you have more important uses for your spare time.
I'm sure that someone will be licking thir lips at the chance to get thir hands on all that wonderful turning gear, I was even having thoughts my self. But then I realised that your Hands or Brain or Experience are not Included so i've had second thoughts.
I hope you find the time to keep in touch with the forum. You know give your thoughts on the pieces offered and still give us the benefit of your experience. I hope you have many happy years of retirment and you and yours enjoy it. REgards Boysie

email sent as just starting to set up for turning.

Looking at your gallery etc I echo all the comments - such a damn shame that you have to give this up! I hope you'll write a book or make a DVD before you do to pass on at least some of the knowledge you've built up to generate the colours and patterns shown in your work - I for one would like to put my name down right now!

Good luck with what ever you turn your mind to - I can't believe that you'll stop being creative :)

Good luck

Miles

Latest posts

Back