From cot bed to .......... ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDudester

Established Member
Reaction score
Our second daughter is now sleeping in a single bed which frees up a cot bed we have had for seven years when we bought it for our first daughter.

Unable to get rid of it, but also not wanting to put it in the loft and pass it on, SWMBO has suggested we make something out of it that could be used on a daily basis.

Suggestions include a toy/dress-up/blanket box.

As anyone done something similar or has any other ideas?

I have included a few pics to give you an idea of what there is to work with.

Regards

The Dudester

Pic0007.jpg

Pic0008.jpg
[/img]

Dudester

A toy box is an excellent idea, even better if you can upholster the top so it becomes a seat as well. What about a bedside cabinet or a book shelf, I have made both for my daughter.

Just a couple of thoughts

Bob

bobscarle":2pkdca1b said:
Dudester

A toy box is an excellent idea, even better if you can upholster the top so it becomes a seat as well. What about a bedside cabinet or a book shelf, I have made both for my daughter.

Bob

Thanks for your input Bob. I think a toy box with cushion and shelf are very good ideas.

TheDudester

I started today on turning the cot bed into a toy box and if there is any wood left over, a shelf with a place to hand dressing gowns etc.

I will need to reduce the dimensions a little as it will be too big. The other problem I have lis lots of holes (adjustable height and side rails) and depression marks left from the bolts (well I didn't want it to collapse).

Can anyone suggest the best way to cover them up?

At this moment I intend leaving a natural finish and know I would have more options with paint i.e. filler.

Back