Forum users' Planers & Thicknessers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neil,

Update me to Jet 54A Jointer. Still have the Delta 22-560 thicknesser.

Rgds

Noel

Scheppach HMS260ci - it's a definite change in spec from the alloy table version, with a noticably larger fence (borrowed from the next model up it would appear).

Martyn

£525 inc VAT & Delivery

Everyone except me, seems to know where these are available at this price!

Cheapest I can find one for is £549.95 + Delivery

Been using the 22-560 for a few years now and have no complaints. Still on the original set of blades, although they have been sharpened once...

Don't have a jointer, but I have used the tablesaw quite effectively in conjunction with the Delta thicknesser. I use a straight edge guide long enough to clamp the board on, and spend quite some time setting up the saw for perfect cuts!!!

I read somewhere that you can use a router for jointing - anyone done this?

Hi WHW,

Glad you have the sense to own a 22-560......When you mention sharpening the blades - are they worth sharpening, as opposed to honing? Being reversible and disposable will they take a proper sharpening?
Yes you can use a router to joint. With the router in a table and a decent straight bit just shim the outfeed fence a tad and make sure it's co-planar with the cutter and away you go. Obviously if the stock is of suitable size you can joint an edge with the planer.

Rgds

Noel

WHW,

Had a quick gleek at your web site, nice furniture, especially the cherry chest of draws. The mirrors? Certainly different.....as indeed you mention.

Rgds

Noel

Thanks everyone. The list has been updated to include all the posts up to tx2man.

NeilCFD

SIP combined planer and thicknesser,

80 ft. 4x2" machined 4 sides
300ft. 3x2 " 4 sides.

in 6 months on the set of blades supplied and still going.

(All reclaimed timber softwood)

Planner on Tyzac Table saw
Dewalt protable thicknesser, cant remeber the model
Planer thickneser on the MAXI26

Maxis got to go though, aint got the room anymore :(

Signal

I've put your thicknesser down as the DeWalt 733, Signal. I haven't added your Maxi as it is about to go.

NeilCFD

What about the tyzac planer?

Then again as its about 40 years old and you cant buy now, probably not much point. Sorry having a bit of a homer day :?
Cheers

Signal

Hi Neil
I have the De Walt 733 S, I had a few reservations about the quality of some of the fittings but I am perfectly happy with the performance of the tool. I would recommend it to anyone. :D

Alan.

Hi,

You can add another to the Scheppach HMS 260 ci Clan. Well almost, the assembled stand is sitting all alone in the middle of my garage :(
as the stand and I are waiting for my neighbour to help me get the actual unit out the back of my car, shouldn't be long now :)

Back